He's walking

My 17 month old just started walking. Its cute, but he always falls down, hits his hand, head, ect. I don't like all the little cuts or pumps, but he is very active. Even when I watch him real close he still falls all the time. What can I do?

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just try to keep things that are dangerous away from him and let him go. Let him learn and rome.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• That's natural. They're still gaining control of their balance and they're bound to fall a few times in the process. It's never easy to see your child fall, but there are a few things you can do. You can try to remove all objects that he might fall onto, or you can get protective padding for it. (They sell those at Babies 'R' Us). Now I personally think it's more important for him to learn to manipulate around those objects. It'll help his coordination, sight, and balance. But you do what you feel is right for your child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Just let him do his thing. He will learn on his own how to balance hisself
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• thats normal for him to fall. he just needs to get use to doing it.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011