Birth control Question adult content

I never been on birth control before. i am on it now but i don't know if i am taking it right and Im getting nerves a little.i was done with my period on Saturday and i started taking it on Saturday not Sunday. Would that mess up the cycle of protection? did i take it wrong? i have been taking it every day for almost a month and the same time and i have not missed a pill. do you think i am taking this correctly or did i take it wrong?

bridynme

Asked by bridynme at 5:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• mmm I would check with your doctor. USUALLY you always start it the Sunday after your period but a doctor can instruct you to take it differently. For years I took it constantly and never took the sugar pills to treat my endometriosis so there are other ways to take it. Check with your doctor to be safe - ALWAYS when an unplanned pregnancy is at risk.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• you're supposed to wait the full 7 days. that being said i don't fuss with the pill because it is hard to keep track. i use the nuvaring. insert it, goes in easy and you can't feel it, lowest dose of hormones you can get in a BC, and you just leave it for 3 weeks and take it out to have your period. i love it. my periods are so much shorter and lighter now too. it's the best bc imo. set it and forget it...for 3 weeks
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I used to take Nuvaring and loved it to but is she has never taken BC then it may not be for her, some people are squeemish with sticking stuff into their vagina. My daughter tried it and hated it.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• ik not all bc is created equally and one may be good for one and not another. you never know til you try and it's good to be informed of all options
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• with birth control pills you should start the sunday after your period. the 7 pills after you finish are placebo's.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Okay so i talked to someone and this is what they said. One day start includes from the day you start to 5 days afterwards. After that is it Sunday start type of deal.
    bridynme

Comment by bridynme (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• I hope that helps everyone understand, i know it helped me. Thank you for all your comments
    bridynme

Comment by bridynme (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Mar. 26, 2011