What would you do??? adult content

My MIL is a control freak. She has never liked me bc I don't need her (as in her money or her help). She has told people my oldest child isn't her sons. She has called my youngest "retarded". Yesterday we got into it when she called me a horrible cruel mother. Mind you I have never abused my children physicially, mentally, or emotionally. I have had case managers in my home bc of my youngest I think if I was so horrible I wouldn't even have my children. Well, I went off about everything she has been saying when she called me a "nigger" lover and informed me all I *ucked in highschool was "niggers". This coming from a woman who asked her children when they were young what they thought of **** being their new daddy (he was her sisters husband). Yes, the woman who wants to throw stones at my sex life (which her accusations are lies but to me thats not important my sex life is none of her business) had an affair and planned to divorce her childrens father (she didn't bc both parties of the other couple died-and shes still married to the father of her children and yes he knows all this) and marry her sisters husband. Well, when I laughed at her for her accusations and told her that was funny coming from the woman who *ucked her sisters husband she came at me with her hand raised. My husband pushed her away before she got to me. I wanted her to smack me, I knew what she was going to do but it would have been the worst mistake of her life. I came home and DH and I were talking about it all when a family member showed up and told us that she's been telling people I'm sleeping with "niggers" and have been sense before DH and I got married (and she's been telling the family this sense before DH and I got married).

I thought a lot of my MIL and my boys love her very much. I have no idea how I should handle this and am wondering if the best thing for my kids is to keep her away from them. My youngest's case manager suggested I do that bc with her telling people all of these things she worries what she may say in front of them when I am not around. What would you do??

Please note the quotation marks indicate her words NOT mine!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• WOW - DRAMA - I would keep myself AND my children away from her at all cost.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You should keep your kids away from her, sounds like her elevator does not go all the way to the top.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd take the case manager's advice and keep your kids away from that kind of poison.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 6:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would cut her out of my life. You nor your children deserve that abuse. I would explain to the children that you won't be seeing MIL. You don't have to go into a long explination, keep it short and don't talk bad about you. The kids will make their own decisions when they get older. Live your life, enjoy your family and good luck.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would not be around her very much.

Answer by louise2 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I can stay totally away from her and keep my kids away from her. My concern is holidays. For me, if I have nothing to do with you all year I'm not sitting down having a meal with you just bc it's a holiday. Besides that how confusing would that be for my children? I still can not believe she acted this way and it all happened yesterday. I slept about 3 hours last night and I am still so upset over her lies and actions.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd take the case managers advice as well. And it seems your hubby is backing you, not her. As for your kids, it sucks, and I know they love her, but there are cases where even though someone is family, they just are not good for you. And it sounds like she is just NOT good for your kids. She may do some serious mental damage to them sooner or later. Hopefully not, but with the things she has said to everyone else, there is no doubt the things she is saying will get back to them. And even though they will learn it's not the truth, they will know their grandma is a liar. Either way, it's not a good situation. You will just have to break away from her, and explain gently to your kids, something, about why. IDK how old they are, so I have no suggestions there. For me, I just tell my kids straight out why I don't like one of my sisters. But my youngest is 9. She looked at me like I'm crazy, but dropped it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• has she always been like this? could she have a medical problem that is perhaps a issue?

either way, I don't envy your situation!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011