I'm going to be painting every room in the house...probably different colors

We're not fans of neutrals, except maybe in the kitchen. I have two bedrooms, a bathroom, living room, kitchen and hallway to paint. We know we don't want yellow in the kitchen, that's about it lol. I'm thinking a sea foam color in the bathroom, otherwise, we don't know what colors we want.
What colors would you use?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We used a sea foam green in our down stairs bedroom just on one wall and a light blue color on the other walls it gave depth to our room and made it bright in a good way! If your interested I could take a picture.
    kristinmcd

Answer by kristinmcd at 6:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm color challenged, and can't imagine anything but white walls. But I've seen pictures of what you are talking about and they are gorgeous. Hope you find the perfect for you color pallette.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I picked a bright green for the living room, violet for the master bedroom, the girls want a pinky-purple, my kitchen is orangey-peach, and one bathroom is gray, one is blue, and the other is sea-green. The boys also want a green color in their room. . I am with you- I'm so tired of white, off-white and beige- my whole apartment was those colors before I started painting, including the floors! I am, of course, leaving the floors alone, and painting all the walls :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Check out hgtv : rate my space .... you can get tons of ideas ....

Blues and greens are alwasy pretty .... since you are already doing a seafoam green.... maybe you can do a different shade of green in each room ( like an apple green, teal green, etc) ....

Also you can go to Walmart to the paint section and you can get a bunch of those paint color swatches for free and use theose for inspiration

and..... I always thought oranges were pretty.... when we move I plan on doing atleast one room a burnt orange color
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 7:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Every room in my house is different Master Bedroom-pale pink,Dining Room-Sage,Kitchen Orange/yellow,Living Room-Khaki,Guest Bathroom-Spa Blue,Laundry Room-Cafe Au Lait,,DS room-Neon Green,DD's Buttercream.G/L andhave fun picking out colors :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oooh that sounds pretty! Yes please post a pic!
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The most experimental I have ever gotten was painting my nursery ceiling to match the carpet and then choosing a material that played on that color to use in the bedding, valance, and lampshade I made...and then I never used the nursery. LMAO.

I am really bad at painting and choosing lovely colors. I do better when I sew things and choose furniture.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My whole house is gray with white trim except my girls room they got to pick the colors and they have a raspberry pink, grape purple and a teal. Very bright but they love it.

We used to have a different color in each room but started feeling like an easter basket with all the colors.
    aktotx

Answer by aktotx at 8:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011