Essure for birth control?

Who is using this currently or knows someone who does? Do you like it-why or why not? After our daughter is born in a few months my husband and I will have two children, however I am only 20 so I'm not set on anything permanent yet plus the injecting the dye into me to check to see if its working is kinda freaky. If you use this why did you choose it vs. surgery & do you like it?

NCmommie421

Asked by NCmommie421 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a friend who loves it. I was going to get it, but hubby is getting snipped next week (YES!).
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was done after two for a while. I put in the 10 year iud.....it fell out. Now I have 3 1.2.3 no joke that is how old they are. I got snipped. I am only 26. If you are considering to have another I would use the ring. I liked it. It worked for year. I replaced it once a month and thought nothing more of it. I never got pregnant on it and I had used it for a year. When I wanted to get pregnant I took it out and had number 2. My dumb ass thought to try something new. Look where that got me. 3! So consider your options. Talk to your dr and if you are done the only fool poof I would say works is getting snipped!
    TrevorsMommy507

Answer by TrevorsMommy507 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have it. I love it. It is great. The fluid to check you is nothing really. I choose it over a tubal ligation since it cannot self reverse without my knowledge.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Uh, if you're not sure if you're ready for something permanent, then Essure is NOT for you. Are you aware that they screw springs into your fallopian tubes?! That would have me more worried than dye going in there to check - it's a foreign body being permanently put into your body - and too many women are having allergic reactions to the material it's made out of. Please do more research before choosing a long-term bc - Essure isn't long-term, it's permanent, provided your body doens't turn on you and reject it.
    Anonymous

• Essure is permenent! It is getting fixed without surgery!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i know it is permanent. i am asking about it as in the future, after we have another one IF we do. i am not sure i even want more.
    NCmommie421

Comment by NCmommie421 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011