How long is enough time?

How long is it enough time to honestly for give some one? My family has done some really hurtful and mean things over the last year. And frankly I am done with them. I havent heard from them since fathers day and I dont wish to. But with the holidays coming fast I fear they might play their stupid crap. How long is enough time to brush it under the bridge?

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 7:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• It always depends on what exactly happened. I would not forgive somebody just because of the holidays. This is no reason to forgive.

Whenever you think its time to say "ok, lets move on. forget about the stupid things in the past!". You need to be ready for it and probably have a talk with your family. If you just think you need to forgive because of the holidays then this probably wont solve the problem itself.

Both sides (you and your family) have to be ready to forget about it. But like i said, it depends on what happened.
    Remember sometimes people say or do stupid things and dont even do it on purpose.

I wish you good luck.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I had a sister in law that talked crap all the time about me. It took me 3 yrs to let it go. She had enough nerve to talk to her mom about me and then her mom talked to my mother in law and asked her What she was going to do about her daughter in law. WTF she was implying about me just having baby number four and was suggesting my mother in law do something about it. Anyways it was going on for yrs and we talked but I never went to her house or did holidays. It was to stressful on me. If you feel you are ready to deal with it Good Luck but if not I wouldnt put myself through it.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• If you are ready to move forward with the family, now is a perfect time to do so. However you indicate that you don't wish to hear from them. If that's the case, don't answer the phone..let it go to voice mail so you are not drawn into a conversation you are not ready for. Answer an email by telling them that you are not ready to resume your relationship with them just yet. But please have a wonderful holiday and you wish them well.

Just be a lady about whatever you decide to do...that way it can never come back to haunt you.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 9:14 AM on Nov. 26, 2008