WHY is my house always a mess? (Yes, this is sort of a vent :0) Sorry

I don;t mean a little messy I mean it is always in need of an over haul. Leaves int he kitchen floor from going in and out, bits of paper all over the place, playdough toys on the dinning room table, stacks of junk mail on the table, laundry in baskets in the living room to be folded, the folded stuff on the stairs to go up, Dishes in the sink, a sticky spot on the floor somewhere, cat hair on the couch... The list goes on and on. Worst part. I am AWAYS cleaning. I had to tell my DS I couldn't help him with his puzzle because I was cleaning the kitchen to make dinner, his response. 'You are always cleaning and never play with me.' I tell him this is what grown ups do. Answer 'Well, Daddy never cleans, he plays with me' AHG!!! why why why can't it ever be clean enough for me to be able to play.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 6:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• maybe it would be cleaner if people helped you out. just saying
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• mine is the same way. i gave up. i spend about two hours a day cleaning and thats it. i refuse to clean all day. i sweep the floors do the dishes pick up the dirty clothes throw in a load or two mop a couple times a week and scrub the toilet when i do the floors. after that im done. and my 4 yo had the job of makeing sure her bedroom is picked up and all the toys are put away. i have better things to do than clean all day.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Lol, this is how my MIL's house is. She is constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY cleaning. She has all wood floors if you can imagine. Constantly has uninvited company in and out, dishes, her bar becomes the throw all. I try to help her as much as possible when I am there to visit, but is it ever tireing! I feel for yah. Ask hubby to help yah, and then after you guys can play. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You described my house!! But instead of leaves its sand from the beach! LOL Its not a museum its your HOME. If its clean as far as health goes then let the little things go! ITs not worth the anxiety. I agree with PP that you need help. Everyone in your house should be in charge of something. I know that dh does dishes, trash and puts away laundrey. I have dd (4yo)clean up after herself, her room and feed the cat. As far as leaves go Id tell them to take their shoes off outside or on the rug by the door. Keep the mess at the door to eliminate tracking. GL and you are not alone!!! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• To eliminate the pet hair Id def invest in the Pledge pet hair remover. Its amazing! Id also throw sheets on the couch when youre not home so that if they lay on them you can wash them.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• And junk mail...My mailbox is on the side of my house by the trash cans. I sort it out right there. If its junk it goes in the garbage before it enters my house lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sounds mor like you just have a clutter issue which overruns everything else... Toss the junk mail before you come into the house, make the kids pick up the toy they are using before they get another one. Shoes off at the door, if you track it in you sweep it up. Run the dishwasher when you go to sleep, unload it when you wake up- that way you never have dishes in the sink. The MOMENT you're done with something, put it away. It takes 5 seconds now, but takes 2 minutes later. KWIM?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My house is the same,I am always trying to catch-up I just try to get the most important like laundry and dishes on days I don't want to do a lot of cleaning,and I try to get kids to pitch in but that's whole other job.
    sarah389

Answer by sarah389 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I guess as a mother of 5 and a military wife, I am going to tell you that you need a scheduled routine! My house is ALWAYS clean! I keep it as perfect as I can but I also have a 2 hour orning routine ( and eventhe kids rooms have to be supoer cean every morning) and then I keep up all day, and do another 1 hour clean at night! ROUTINE is the key to cleanliness! GOOD LUCK!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• awww.... that is rough but truthfully, you have to make sure your home is taken care of, and maybe if it isnt you should consider reschedualing some activities or finding a friedn to help in the driving! If you are doing too much then you home wil seem to fall apart! I also do dance classes, T-ball and baseball (soon) and military post volunteering, but if it interferes in my daily upkeep of my life, I know that I need to eliminate something! Not trying to be mean or anything, but I know overwhelmd when I hear it! GOOD LUCK!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011