Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Home test(positive) vs. Health Department test(negative). They told me my home test was wrong and wont do blood work or ultrasound.

Im very confused. I took a 2home test yesterday both was positive. I was suppose to go to the pregnancy resource center in my area but couldnt so i walked to the health department clinic. All they did was test for pregnancy and help me figure how far along id be. The test came back negative. Id be around 11weeks if i am. Im really confused, ive been getting a lot of the pregnancy signs. My last 2period were just light spotting on off for a few days and both was late. Ive miscarried before so im really nervous of miscarring again. It would be my bf and i first. what should i do? im small and skinny and ive already started to notice a lil bump starting to form.


Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • If I was you I would go get a diffrent brand. I think I always got the walgreens brand that came with 3. Never failed me. Test again when your period should be. Than walk into that place and say look....your stupid test came back negitive and these tell me somethings diffrent. DO IT AGAIN!

    Answer by TrevorsMommy507 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • Take another home test. My doctor says that it's a myth that blood tests are more accurate tham home tests. If you've had 2 positives (and you weren't recently pregnant) hten I'd say its positive. It's rare to get a false positive unless you were pregnant recently.

    Answer by Renee3K at 6:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • Go take another test. GL

    Answer by aheuszel at 6:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • go to the resource center or go back to the health departmentwith a new test that you can take there.

    Answer by laura970 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • I would test again. Did they test right in front of u? Is it possible they got ur urine and someone elses mixed up? That happened to me once.

    Answer by amber1330 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • I agree with TrevorsMommy....

    Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • I would say take another test. If it c omes positive again go to a different dr. and have them do a blood test

    Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011