Should we stay or should we go?

I have been with my husband for 5 years. We have a child and he moved 1500 miles away from his family, to stay with our son and me. But since we moved from California to Oklahoma my husband cant hold a job for more then 3 months! He will do good and work his bumm off til he could not stand on his feet anymore for about a month and a half. Then the last month and a half of the trial time he slacks off and wants nothing to do with me nor our son. Is he getting back at me for moving to OK or is he just irresponsible??

Manda725

Asked by Manda725 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• May be you need to talk to him about it. see if her will tell you the truth. Sound to me he is being lazy, job wise.

Answer by louise2 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sounds irresponsible, may even be dealing with some mental issues.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• IMO irresponsible. Maybe he hates the jobs he's getting, but he should come up with a long term solution to that problem. See if he'll talk to you about what's going on with him. I wouldn't move, you can't trust that he'll keep a job then either.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Where do you live? I lived in oklahoma for 5 years and let me tell you it is a shock to the body. I moved for arizona to oklahoma and now back and its a shock to be back here from their. So I understand. The job picking is not the best in that place. If you live close to the city. Have him look in BrickTown and than midwest Cit had a bunch of new store as well as Tinker. You also need to talk to your husband. You need to get to the bottom of things. I was also in this similar situation when I moved their with my husband...but it was me.
    TrevorsMommy507

Answer by TrevorsMommy507 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My husband and i grew up, and had our son in Bakersfield California and moved here to Muskogee Oklahoma about a year ago. He does have family issues i know that for a matter of fact. He never really had a dad, and on top of that his teen years were spent mostly behind bars. As of right now since November of 2009 he worked at Whitlock, Graham Packaging, CDS, ACME, Georgia Pacific(Greg Cullom), Georgia Pacific(HTI), and horse farm.. Not in that order.
    Manda725

Comment by Manda725 (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• he might be depressed. i am going though a similar issue but it was me who moved from California to Texas. i have been living here almost 5 years and its still hard not to be able to walk down the road and see old hs friends and my family.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• maybe he is depressed.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• what was the purpose of moving from california to Oklahoma, maybe he is depressed from that. i think i would lol. but sit him down and figure out what's going on with him otherwise the depression will get bigger and nastier and resentment will kick in.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The reason why we moved form California was due to the fact we could not live off min. wage however we can here. There in Cali my husband made $11 an hour and we couldnt even afford to buy insurance for our vehcile, or even buy things for our new born son at hte time. Due to all the taxes that they take out there in Cali. Now since we have been here OK we have been maybe to buy 2 cars, rent a house, and make it on our own with help from the state!! All at min. wage
    Manda725

Comment by Manda725 (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011