this probably seems silly, but is it normal?...

My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over a year,
and we normally would have A LOT of sex...
I don't kno if it is because I am pregnant,
but I just am not interested in sex at all.
He asks for it all the time too,
and I just can't make myself be "in the mood".
He doesn't seem to understand.
I'm really unaffectionate too,
I just feel like I do NOT want to be touched.
He feels the need to grope my boobs and grotch all the time,
and when he does, it just pisses me off.

Is this normal?

MizzKinderfeld

Asked by MizzKinderfeld at 7:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Yeah with pregnancy you can either go one way or the other, I have to say with my pregnancies I was desperate for sex, and during the first one my husband was too creeped out to do it, oh how awfull.. *shudders* hahaha.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 7:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• He needs to start understanding how you feel because after the baby comes you really won't be in the mood for a long time. Have you tried just explaining to him that your hormones and body are changing and it's not anything he's doing wrong?
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:38 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• It is completely normal, but its also completely normal for him to keep wanting sex, so its best to try to be understanding if him too. Talk to him about all that your body is going through, but not just "I don't feel good". Let him know that even though its not visible, these changes leave you exhausted. But on the upside, the 2nd trimester is known as the "feel good trimester" because your body is getting used to the pregnancy and you're not too big to be uncomfortable, so there's hope! And for the moment, talk to him about how you two can remain close even though you are not in the mood, which will in turn help the mood. Back rubs, foot rubs, whatever would work. Here's a link to a week by week pregnancy guide that may help both of you. Good luck!
    http://kidshealth.org/PageManager.jsp?dn=familydoctor&lic=44&cat_id=20099&article_set=22669&ps=104
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 8:25 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I love the book What to Expect When you are Expecting. It helped out a lot. It has everything in there you can think of. With my first baby I was just like you. I got that book and read it. I found a section about sex and it explained a women can either want sex all the time or not. If you buy the book you'll love it.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• YES! Welcome to pregnancy..unlike men, your hormones dictate your sexual appetiate..THEY JUST DON"T GET IT!
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 26, 2008