28 week check up... what do they do?

I am going for my 28 week check up tomorrow , I know they'll prob. listen to the fetal heartbeat and do blood work , but what else will they do?

juniebug11

Asked by juniebug11 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It varies~
    Sounds like you are seeing an OB.
    With my appointments we hung out and went over health, concerns, what to expect, how to avoid issues, etc. Chatting for a couple of hours in the room I would be birthing in and snacking on treats with tea. :-D Good times!

You can create a list of your questions and concerns and ask everything when you go in next.
    You might look into avoiding unnecessary interventions (risks) like checking the cervix, too. Some of us don't do that stuff in our pregnancies.

Best wishes!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• They will check the measurement of your belly and check the heat beat. If you havent had the glucose test yet you will have that and check your blood.
    TrevorsMommy507

Answer by TrevorsMommy507 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• yeah that's right they'll probly schedule you for a glucose test. GL with that one. eeww lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• the same thing they did the last time, what they do every time until like the last couple weeks. check urine, measure stomach, check heartbeat, ask you questions on how you're feeling, ect. same ol' same ol'
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• do they have to do an internal exam thing???
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• no...they don't check for dialation until like the earliest is 38wks. most wait till 39wks tho
    armywife43

• ok good, i just moved so im having to go to a new doctors office, since i had medicade the offices here wouldnt take me because i was to far along and all this crap... So im having to go to the Health Dept. , I had my GL test but they never told me how it went or anything. Last time i was there they took my blood, and never even told me it was low untill i went to the WIC office.

3 weeks ago i was hospitlized with low blood, and dehydration... but the doctors dont seem to worry that my blood isnt picking up.
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 6:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• thank you!
    juniebug11

Comment by juniebug11 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011