Would it bother you if your babysitter nursed her baby in front of your children?

I have a 7 month old son whom I breastfeed. I will be breastfeeding him until at least his 2nd birthday.

Would it bother you or would you be okay with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• It wouldn't bother me at all. But you need to find clients that it doesn't bother. It does bother some people, so you should make sure to tell them in the interview.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• no, if it bothers the parents they can find another babysitter.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i nursed my dd till 18mo while babysitting a non-breastfeed baby.. it didnt cause any problems & the kid didnt question anything...(he was 2-3yo at the time)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me. When I was breastfeeding the youngest and spent quite a bit of time at my brothers house I asked them how they felt about me doing it in front of their kids. Their response was it was fine and they thought it was actually a good learning experience for them. But she had breast fed her kids so that might make a difference on the way they view it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Nope. Wouldn't bother me.

But, I sure got lots of grief for breastfeeding my own kids at the homes of extended family. Someone actually bought me a shawl as a Christmas gift, so that I would have something to "cover me up". LOL!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• would not bother me
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me. I breastfed my daughter (1st born) 13 months and although she doesn't remember that, she most certainly remembers me breastfeeding my son, past age 2 .... (sorry if that is weird to the poster above, lol). Its normal to my kids, and I'm guessing that if more kids grew up exposed to it we wouldn't have so many uptight crazies forcing us to breastfeed in closets.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• no, I'd prefer someone who actually cares for her children properly. I find it disturbing when a child sees FF as normal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• nope, all my girls were breasfed, including my youngest (for 13mos) so they know that babies can eat from bottles or breasts and they dont think a thing of it.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It wouldn't bother me. My daughter pays no attention to it (my oldest) because I breastfed my youngest in front of her. She know baby is eating. My youngest will be exposed to it in about 6 months because I am going to be breastfeeding again. It is completely natural and I have no problems with it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011