Need help coping with my friends death.

M3 friend passed away sunday. She got hit by a car. At only 22 years old. I really need advice and input to cope with this. Ive never had someone close to me like this passaway suddenly. :( we were good friends

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I just lost my dear Uncle on friday, he was so much like the father I never had. I can reassure you, with time, it does get easier. yesterday was his viewing/service, it was so hard, but today it's a little easier knowin he's up there with the Lord no longer in pain or suffering. As far as your friend, I am very sorry to hear that, and I will keep you in my prayers, to ask God to help you deal with such a loss. 2 years ago I, also lost a best friend to Cancer, then a few weeks later a close friend of mine overdosed. Then a few months later another one died of suicide. It really does get easier with time and grieving. i am always here if you want to talk. I am so sorry.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm so sorry. Give yourself time to grieve and don't let anyone tell you "you should be over it by now'. It takes a lot longer than anyone realizes until they are in it themselves. Talk to a trusted friend or relative if they are a good listener and if that is what you need. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm so sorry sweetheart. My best friend died when we were in 9th grade. She had a stroke and never recovered. It took a long time, I still think of her and the things we could have shared and talked about. I still keep in touch with her family. First thing, as hard as it might be, suffer through the viewing and the funeral, my mom told me this was the time to tell her goodbye. At first I'd write her, and let her know the things that we bothering me and the things that I was excited about. It also helped that other friends of mine were dealing with her death, and she was like a part of our family, so I had a lot of people to turn to when I just needed to cry, or vent. It's way better to get those feeling out then keep them in. Now, when I've had a bad day, or something big is going on, I'll 'talk' to her. I know she is looking over me, and that comforts me too.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm sorry to hear. It really does take time. There isn't much anyone can do but listen to you, and be there for you/with you. No one knows how you feel, no one had the same relationship with your friend that you did. But I do know that you need to let yourself grieve. And don't think that there has to be a time limit on it, because there isn't one.
    My mom always says God has a plan for those that die young, it makes her feel better. Never makes me feel better. If it makes you feel better, then you can take comfort in that. I hope you have other friends, and family there to lean on, that's important. And there are those on here that will always listen when you wanna talk. About anything really. Even if it's not about this. Even if you are angry.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Honey, I'm so sorry! I know this has left a big hole in your heart, and it will hurt for a while. Try to focus on the good memories you have of the time you spent with her. Maybe gather pictures you have and share them with her mother. One of the nicest things that someone did for me, was blow up a pic she had taken of my son, framed it, and sent it to me! I treasure that picture, and it made her feel good as his friend to do that for me. Please reach out to her family, they need your prayers and love right now. You have lost a very good friend, they have lost their child, their sister, and honey no matter how much pain you are feeling-they are hurting 10x worse. Bad things happen sometimes, we don't know why they do, but there is a higher power who does.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss.There are no words that will help you right now. Allow yourself all the time you need to grieve. We love our friends and when they are no longer in our lives it is very painful and can take a long time to even begin the healing process.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011