Are there any special symptoms to look out for to know if i am having my baby within a few weeks?

i am due April 21 but lately my braxton-hicks have been getting worse. i have been much more tired then usual and i feel like im worthless to do anything but sit around all day. could this possibly mean that my baby is coming sooner or is this normal in the last month?

kaylacm1

Asked by kaylacm1 at 7:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• For me.....
    I lost my plug a few days before
    Nested like no other the day before
    Had a slow trickle of fluid the day of

Its diff for everyone! Good luck and congrats!!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You better hope not its too soon. You have like another 5 weeks to go. If you feel sharp pains, any heave leaking like you are out an pee yourself leaking go to the er after you shower. Time your contractions. Anything 3-5 minutes apart you should go to the hospital and get checked out. An if you just don't feel right call your dr. Drink plenty of water and stay off your feet as much as you can. This is only coming from a mom of 3 in 4 year time span. If you have any questions you can always message me.
    TrevorsMommy507

Answer by TrevorsMommy507 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• you want to walk and walk keep moving it will strengthen your mussels to help with labor just do what you can when you can if today you walk to the mail box and that's all you can do that's fine keep it up go walking the mall if you want.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• OK thank you so much. i have been trying to walk a lot, and i leak all of the time but i thought that was normal since it has been happening to me since around the beginning of last month. i also feel like sometimes im on my monthly, i get a heavy bloated feeling and i feel a little sick. i have also heard that its not normal to still be nauseous all of the time and to still throw up every once in a while but that is also still happening to me. i also really don't think my baby has dropped yet because he seems like he still sits by my ribs and its still hard for me to breath at night. i have tried to talk to my doctor but being on cheap insurance they don't seem like they really care that much about what you have to say on how you feel.
    kaylacm1

Comment by kaylacm1 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well im just going to say that it seems like you have a crappy doctor. But anyway, here are a few signs that i always look out for (but are not 100%) if you drop {baby moving down into lower abdomen} then you can probably expect to go anywhere from a few hour to a month. Also when you pass your mucus plug and have your bloody show you can go anywhere from a few hours to about a week. Then you can also try counting your contractions, try drinking a full glass of water then laying down on your left side then place a hand on your belly so you are able to feel the contractions (if the pain is not strong enough) then time them for an hour, (write down what time and how long they are) if you have 4 plus in that hour then you are ready to go to the hospital. If not then your body is still getting ready for the big day. Which is considered the first stage of labor which can sometimes last 1 mon
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• ok thank you. and yes i do have a crappy doctor... i have already switched 3 times throughout my pregnancy but they all seem to basically not give a crap about anything except the money.
    kaylacm1

Comment by kaylacm1 (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011