TV/Movies

What shows/movies do you not allow your kids to watch? Im NOT talking the way its rated but for your own personal reasons. What shows and what are the reasons? TIA!

PS..I dont like when dd watches "Courage the Cowardly Dog". Its rated PG but I just dont like the show and think its innapropriate

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• spongebob in any form
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't allow Fairly Odd Parents or Ed, Edd, and Eddy. I don't like how the characters speak to one another on those shows.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My kids watch them all. I don't let them watch violent TV like CSI, but that is it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I agree w/ pp, I can't stand sponge bob, athough dd has watched it before, and most of the nick or other shows. We moved and don't have a tv, i like it that way. I pick out what they can watch on netflix.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I dont let my 7yo watch the nick and Disney shows that are all teens. She does watch icarly but that is about it.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't let her watch Spongebob becasue I think it's stupid and I've always hated it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• South Park and Family Guy. Just 'cause it's a cartoon doesn't mean it's suitable for kids.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My son watches everything on the Nick Jr. channel except for Yo Gabba Gabba and that is just because I can't stand that show!!
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 7:19 PM on Mar. 25, 2011