Getting a 3d ultrasound?

Rdy4Him

Asked by Rdy4Him at 7:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had one a couple of weeks ago.  Very nice.  I prefer them over the regular ultrasounds.  The pictures, wow, so much can be seen.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• They didnt do one at my 20 weeks ultrasound and now the doctor office said they wont do one unless there is a medical reason too :(
    Rdy4Him

Comment by Rdy4Him (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, I wouldn't do *any* ultrasounds without a medical reason to do them.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:49 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had multiple ones. I was high risk with my 4th and 5th pregnancies so they were doing ultrasounds anyway to check on different things and since their machine does 3D they would flip it over to that for a few minutes just for me.
    They don't generally do one at the 20 week ultrasound. The "best" time to do one they say is between 28-32 weeks and it's amazing how clear the pics are. You can usually get one for a couple hundred dollars with a CD of the images.

Answer by missanc at 7:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• They're so neat looking. My sister had one and you could really see what her son looked like. I never had one. I had weekly level 2 ultrasounds where everything looked like bubbles to me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well i am almost 27 weeks and would love to have one just so we get that sneak peek :)
    Rdy4Him

Comment by Rdy4Him (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What's with all the down votes?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I've never had one and I am completely jealous of those who have. I have seen the pictures from friends who have had them done, and they are amazing.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had one at 21 weeks and 31 weeks with my last baby because she was our last and I wanted to experience it. The pics and videos were so amazing, it was worth it! The only problem was she had the cord around her neck at both ultrasounds and of course that worried me.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No they cost an arm and leg.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011