My 6 yr old is already sleeping....Do I wake him or let him sleep

He has never crashed on the couch at 6:45 before...He is starting to sound stuffy and well do I just let him sleep or do I wake him?

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 7:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• My life experience, and my MIL with an ECE degree, say: Let a sleeping child lie. If you can, without waking him, move him to his bed. He may just be out for the night.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Bed time in my house is 7:30... personally I'd let him sleep, especially if he is coming down with something.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't wake him. Let him sleep. If you carry him to bed will he wake up? I would leave him on the couch until I went up to bed. Enjoy the peace and quiet!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'd let him sleep.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• His bed is the top bed of a bunkbed so getting him to bed without waking him too much would be hard ( see the pic by the sn that is him )
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• my kids go to bed at 830 so if I let them go to bed that early they will be kinda up really early so I usually wake mine. But if they are coming down with something then I don't normally wake them
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• He woke up to go potty and went to my bed...thank god he went potty first, lol, so I'm hoping he stays there for the rest of the night...my fear is he will wake up at midnight wide awake
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Minego to bed at 7 PM... ages 8,5,4 and my one year old is in bd at 6 PM... its up o you!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2011