did he fail my birthday

Okay for his birthday we were low on funds. So I made him a cake and breakfast did whatever he asked me to for his birthday. My birthday was yesterday all I got was a rose and a note saying I owe you am I wrong to feel disappointed.

sierra_617

Asked by sierra_617 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• It is not about growing up...it is about taking the time for someone you love...
    showing you appreciation...just because you settle for less...doesn't mean others have to..
    Talk to you man sierra....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• no u got a rose and a note thats more then i get
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• no,you are not.but he is a man...
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I guess I do. If funds are tight, he at least thought of you and made a note that he owed you. Would I be disappointed? Most likely yes, but I would be wrong to be also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I would be upset..there are plenty of things that he could have done even if funds were low.
    I would tell him how you felt.....
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 8:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• At least he did something and didn't just forget about your birthday entirely. You have every right to feel a little disappointed that it wasn't more then it was, but give him a little credit for what he did do.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 8:46 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My birthday was last week, my hubby was up north hunting. When I called him I had to remind him it was my birthday. I waited for 10 mins before saying anything. When he got back the day after I got nothing from him. I know you are disappointed and I would be. It would have been nice if he at least did dinner that night for you, or a massage. I guess just talk to him tease him and say so how you going to make it up to me. It might make it easier to joke. GOOD LUCK
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• The thing is He DID NOT forget your birthday, right?can you imagine how it feels to not have your husband remember your birthday, and then 3 days later he thnks thats the day., not fun. Whats wrong with a rose, thats a sign of love. I wouldn't say anything, at least he did not forget.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:51 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• He did remember your birthday. You did get something. Did you ever ask him if he was disappointed on his birthday? (didn't get what he wanted).

Answer by louise2 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Oh c'mon now...there are thousands of us that would die for a single red rose and a note. How much more romantic can you get???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Nov. 26, 2008