Feeling guilty!!!

i am happily married to a great guy for almost 6 years now. recently i found an old crush on facebook and the past 2 nights we have been chatting for hours. all the old feelings i had 12 years ago are coming back. we talk about everything and he says how much he likes me and wishes we lived closer. i cant deny my feelings for him i think about him all the time now. but im starting to feel guilty i feel like im cheating on my husband by talking to him. what do you do when you have crazy feeling for another man? i don't want to stop being friends with him cause he is a great friend, but i don't know if these feelings i have for him will ever go away. now we live miles and miles apart so we will never act on anything, but his flirting with him over instant chat considered cheating?? i don't know what do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I know I'd consider it cheating if it were me or my dh. I think it would be best for your marriage to stop having contact with this man.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 7:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You should stop talking to this other man immediately. Let it stay in your past before it does turn into cheating.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I consider it cheating. I only have feelings for my partner. IMHO, you should stop contact with this man, you're on a very slippery slope.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Danger!!!! do not let an old crush come between you and your husband, is it really worth it, he can just be playing around and i would hate to see you thow everything away for an old crush. and yes its called an emotional affair.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• that is technically cheating and if your feelings are that strong why do you want to keep chatting? Ask your hubby what he thinks of this....I agree that you need to stop the contact....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• it is cheating stop the realsonship now!
    kittycat813

Answer by kittycat813 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Put yourself in your husband position, would you want him sneaking around talking to some girl he use to date? If you can't show him the messages stop doing it is borderline cheating. This ended with him for a reason. Maybe you should just delete him and block so you can't contact him anymore out of sight out of mind.
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My advice is to stop----for you to ask this question you know it is wrong. Probably not the answer you want though.
    lecates

Answer by lecates at 8:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• NO NO NO NO! Would you be happy if your husband was saying these things to an old crush of his? No, because it'd be crossing the line. End it before you do something you will regret.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Put yourself in your husband's shoes, would you want him doing this to you? If the answer is no, then you need to stop.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011