She wants to trick her boyfriend into a marrage with a unplanned pregnancy, how do I stop her?

My best friend wants to get pregnant with her boyfriends child to make him marry her! How can I tell her this is a bad idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Just tell her that she is being stupid !!!
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 8:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe you should show her all of the people who thought they were going to get married after getting knocked up and did not.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Try telling the boyfriend.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• *** ( I hit enter when I didnt mean to lol ) ...

You really just need to tell her that flat out...

you have a baby because you want to be a mother, not a wife.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 8:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• As unfortunate as it is... the best lesson she can learn is IF you DON'T interfere. There's no way you can stop another person from mucking up their life if that's what they intend to do. Even if you tried to tell the boyfriend; what's to become of your reputation and your friendship with her? If she's THIS manipulating and underhanded and desperate, don't for a second think that she won't throw your butt under the bus to save her own and get what she wants.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• OMG....good luck with this. I hope you can make her realize it is a very bad idea.It is dishonest.
    Yes, she should want to be married, then have a baby if the marriage is working out well.
    If she tries this trick, she might find herself a single Mom and the baby's Father will be far far away,after finding out what a manipulator she is.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• A baby doesn't guarantee marriage.

I'd just let her know it's a bad idea and stay out of it.

dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 8:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• In todays society men DONT marry a girl just because she gets preggo. This could SOO backfire on her.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Even if you tried to tell the boyfriend; what's to become of your reputation and your friendship with her? If she's THIS manipulating and underhanded and desperate, don't for a second think that she won't throw your butt under the bus to save her own and get what she wants.

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot
    ****************
    Well....if she is that tricky and manipulative, she shouldn't worry about her friendship with her. And TRUTH is more important than staying friends with this dishonest flake. Just think of the baby! WHat a selfish way to have a baby! She doesn't want to be a MOM..she wants to trap a guy with a baby! I would tell the guy,actually. And I wouldn't care if the "friend" got mad.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Wow- what a terrible idea. There are so many moms out there who thought that if they just had a baby, everything would be fine, they could get out of a bad living situation, their boyfriend would marry them, whatever. My sister was one of these moms. It's terribly sad.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011