Itchy

my daughter is constantly scratching her body. I put lotion on but she gets dry so quicky and it doesn't seem to work. Is there anything else I can use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is she hydrated? Allergic to something but having no other symptoms? What kind of lotion are you using and how old is she?
    Anonymous

• What type of lotion are you using?

It could be a skin disorder or even simply a symptom of dehydration.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Calamine lotion? Get her to drink lots more water as it will help the skin be hydrated. Cortisone cream will also help. Lanacane "stops the itch" because it has lidocane in it. Like oragel for the skin.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Check with her ped. Ds has eczema, and has bouts of super dry itchy skin. Hydrocortisone helps.
    emmasmama2007

Answer by emmasmama2007 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• she is always hydrated. not allergic to anything. i use baby lotion and she is 3 yrs.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Try a different lotion - Aveeno or something. Baby lotion does nothing - my 5yo uses Jergens Overnight Repair - she needs it, nothing else works for her.
    Anonymous

• My daughter who is 22 months has the same thing. We have to constantly watch her and keep her nails trim because she will scratch until she leaves scratches on her body. When she was younger the pediatrician said she had eczema and lotion like Johnson and Johnson does no good...We have been through several and we now use cetaphil but she is still itchy...I am going to call her pediatrician bc every know and then he gives her a prescription with steroids but we don't use often. I also plan to switch to a new lotion called CeraVe Lotion. BTW we also apply the Aveeno anti itch on her daily. Good luck!!

NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• take her to the Dr. She could have Exzema, which requires a presription.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• make sure that she is drinking enough water, and use coconut oil instead of lotion

Answer by rkoloms at 5:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2011