Were you looking?

When you met your DH/SO were you actively looking for a romantic relationship?

When I met DH I had just gotten out of a TERRIBLE, emotionally abusive and manipulative relationship and decided that the best course of action for me was to just go out and have some fun, stop looking for the man of my dreams and just have a good time.

I was on a social networking site talking to...well alot of different guys lol....and Rich just stood out from the rest...but I was so not wanting to be anything other than friends that he had to damn near blackmail me into going out with him lol....best blackmail ever! lol

Do were you looking for romance or did someone have to do some convincing? lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I wasn't. In fact I didn't want anything to do with my husband but he wouldn't stop talking to me and I had no real reason to block or ignore him because he was a nice guy and not a pervert or anything. I didn't even have feelings for him till about 3-4 months after talking almost daily. We're very opposite people but he just kind of grew on me.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I wasn't looking. He was my BFF and it just seemed natural.

While he persued me, it wasn't forceful. Just letting me know that he was there and cared.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Not really i did meet him on line though and told a friend after we met that we would just be friend...lol thats after 12 years and 10 years of marraige
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have been married to my husband for 26 yrs. We were very young and silly. We will not looking into getting married. It just fell into place.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 8:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We were 15 and 17...I don't think we were looking for life partners, but we were looking for someone to date. I don't think we counted on what it grew into, but never say never. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, not here. i dont think either of us were...we ust kind of hooked up and stayed that way and never really talked about it, and 4 yrs later got married...
    Erzy

Answer by Erzy at 9:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I wasn't looking at all. I had been in two long term relationships prior to meeting dh, and one ended really badly, the other one didn't end as bad, but it broke my heart because we just couldn't agree on what we wanted. I had decided that I was taking a break from men. He (dh) had asked me for my phone number one night while I was out at the bar (he was the bouncer) and I gave it to him, but ignored his calls for an entire month! lol. I finally talked to him one day, we hung out the next day and have been inseparable ever since. I am so glad I took that chance and answered that final call, because now we have been together 7 years and have four beautiful children together :)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had just gotten out of a relationship. An unhealthy one. I was browsing Myspace and came upon his profile. He just stuck out from the rest and I wrote him. It all happened from there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Oh and I wasn't looking. Infact I was certain I wasn't going to date for a really, really long time.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We were both looking, but not ready to jump. I was just nearly the end of my divorce and he got out of a difficult relationship. We knew what we wanted but didn't want to go about things the wrong way.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011