My friend is trying to talk me out of breast implants... vent

She says that if they aren't real they don't count.
She also said I was very insecure and would not be able to handle the attention.
This comes from a friend who has always acted very supportive and now I think she is jealous.
She is used to being the one who gets the attention because of her breasts. The way it goes is I have the pretty face while she has big breasts. In fact people have nic-named her the Gary Coleman midget.
I can say all this now because we are no longer friends. She tried to call me and apologize, but I can't trust someone who is not supportive. Especially someone who is so competitive.
I am getting the implants because I have thought of it since a teen and now almost 35 I am going to have it done.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It's your body. You should do what makes YOU happy! I know someone who had them after she turned 50 and she loves hers.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Do it for yourself too bad for her she thought it was a competition and not a friendship.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well, I say if you want to get it done, go for it. I'm under fire cause I'm getting a reduction after I deliver this baby. I'll be 22-23.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I say do it, regardless of anyone's thoughts on it. It's UR body! I am 21 and I wish I had the money to do it, because I would. I hate my breasts
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Never mind what others think. The ONLY opinion that matters is that of the woman in your mirror.

Just check the surgeon out thoroughly.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I think you should go for what you want. I dont think you should loose a good friend over it though. You two should talk about it and you should tell her how she made you feel when she said that. And honey you will be paying for them with real money so that makes them real. I have alway dreamed of getting them since i was younger to i mean teen days. Your friend was just being a little jelly bean. Being that you have the pretty face and all that means youll have all ten yards right.

BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If you want to get it done, do it! Just make sure you educate yourself about the risks and possibility of additional surgery. I think the doctors say you may have to get them done again in 10-15 years, but don't quote me of that. I think it's a dumb thing to say if they aren't real they don't count. She sounds like she MAY be trying to give advice but she's going about it in a rude way.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I hate negative bitches! Move on and get your boobies! And be happy you got rid of that big BOOB!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Actually my Aunt has implants do to losing her breasts. And she had this done in 1987. I already found the surgeon, he is the one who repaired my nose and breast implants just sort of floated into my mind.
    My Aunt is now 65 and looking good. Women in our family have good genes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• 35 huh? kinda late in life for implants isnt it? What's the Dr say? He tell you how your likely to look in 10 years? 20 years? Did you try buying a big bra and stuff the cups and SEE how your cloths will look when you got big ones? Dont get me wrong, it's your body, and men DONT care if boobs are big or small. Men love women with all size boobs. Men also dont seem to care if they are real or not. Im just saying Really research this because in 10 or 15 years you may be really unhappy with them. Getting them taken out will ruin you. Personally I cant wait to see some 80 y.o with them. Iv always wondered how a wrinkled old lady with 25 y.o boobs looks. Like those cute unicorn tattoos kids get early in life, They turn into retarded giraffes when they are 60. LOLOL Skin Sags.....
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011