Would you hang plant lights in your living room?

I'm very into plants, but I can really only have indoor ones right now, because of our neighbors. I want to get a few more into my collection, but I've run out of room in all the windows. I could also hang some hooks from the ceiling in front of the windows, but as far as good light, they wouldn't get much. I like the idea of hanging plant lights, though, because in addition to allowing me to properly care for my plants, it would also brighten up our living room. What would you do?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 9:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have tons of natural lighting, too much in my opinion lol. 2 very large windows and one smaller on in our living room. We don't even turn the lights on until about 6pm because there is just no need to.

We keep the dirt outside and living expenses down. I like plants, but I don't like the idea of plant lights. I am also 100% sure my husband wouldn't like the increase in our electric bill.

So, I have no feedback for you that's probably worth while. Have you looked into how much these plant lights will boost your electric bill at all? That'd be my first concern.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 9:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Why because of the neighbors cant you have plants outside? Are your neighbors aware that plants are ALL over outside? LOL Ummm.. Grow lights in your living room will glare off the TV depending where you hang the lights. Do what you can for them if you really want them.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Fluorescent lights work too. Check your plants online. Most house plants require minimal sunlight.

MeredithDav

Answer by MeredithDav at 9:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• no
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011