(pagan only) how comfortable would you be sending you child to a preschool of a diff religion?

my son will be 3 this summer and is ready for preschool the city we live in the public schools wont let him in kuse he is only going to be 3 but he is vary bright and the dr has said he needs to start next year and wanted him in this last year. so i am now looking at privet school to get him in this next year. the head start has a long waiting list and is 5 days a week i dont know if he is ready for that, and the next town over will take out of city kids but is quite a drive every day and it too is every day. i have heard good things about a baptist school in town that is 2 days a week, but i dont know if i am comfortable sending him to a christian school. any one else ever run in to this? or would you feel uncomfortable?

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 9:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Oooh I wouldn't if I were you. If they have any indication that you are Pagan, it wouldn't be pretty, especially in their mind you are worshiping satan. Best of luck sweets
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm atheist and sent my son to preschool through the YMCA which you probably know is a christian organization. Fortunately the only "religion" lesson the kids had was a prayer before snack time so I felt comfortable enough with that. When my son came home and wanted to pray before dinner I told him that we really didn't believe we needed to but if he wanted to that was fine too. Now that he's in kindergarten, he's pretty much forgotten about it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm in the same situation. But here I ahve the choice of 4 different religious schools to send her to.
    I say go and talk with the school and see what the beginning religious instruction entails. If it is something that you can live with, then go for it. Your child is bright and needs inspiration and knowledge.
    elizabooks

Answer by elizabooks at 11:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would find out about what the level of christianity is and decide what you are comfortable with. Some schools do a lot of things orientated to religion daily and other schools just celebrate the big holidays and are geared to a non christian community and try to win you over with love. Are you going to be the only Mom who isn't at the church bake sale on the weekend? Overall the concept of christianity is about kindness, giving and oh ya God. Learning about Jesus and saints is not a bad thing learning of history. At this point kids also believe in the tooth fairy so believing in a religious icon who overall teaches good values isn't necessarily terrible, you'll have plenty of time to talk about the downside of relgion when they grow, but at the end of the day its all about your comfort level and how open minded you can be about religion and how much you can accept in your own home. Will a water color cross freak you out?
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011