Disappointed disappointed disappointed......thats all iv been hearing from every person on my dads side of the family...vent.....sorry

i get it i fucked up.....i heard it all from my dad already plus more.....im sick of hearing "im so disappointed in you" im really sorry your disappointed.....but seriously how is it my fault i was on the last week of my birth control and the condom ripped? im sorry i didn't get an abortion like you all wanted me to, but seriously at least im not out getting dui's, felonies, and doing drugs like your kids....im 18, i messed up i get it, it doesn't mean my life is over....im not gonna be like my grandma, im not gonna go out and look for guys to fuck and ignore my child....im not gonna have 3 different kids from 3 different men, so stop trying to make it like im going to, i know your disappointed but why cant you at least be happy for me instead of making me feel worse then i already do......

sorry just a vent i needed to get it out......and if i told my family that id just get screamed at more

on a lighter note my moms side of the family is behind me 100% its not what they wanted for me right now but it happened

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 9:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Tell them all to STFU already. The situation IS NOT going to change and just get used to it already. You CANT unring the bell ya know.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I was 18 when I had my first and was still in school.....it's hard but you can do it! Good luck! I have 4 now =)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sorry your dads family can't accept it. Hopefully in time they will. But on a good note I'm glad your moms family is supportive. *hugs*
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i wish i could say that......
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• they like throwing shit in your face do it to them all there flaws i hate my father side of the family u cant ever do anything right so i feel ya take it easy and good luck with your pregnancy and enjoy your baby when he/she comes along
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I know how you feel.I was 18 when my 1st child was born but my BF and I got married without my parents knowing.We didn't speak for a couple of months and then they accepted what happened even though they were very hurt by my actions.My child is now almost 50 and I would never have traded her for anything.I also have 3 boys.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• ppl make mistakes, it happens. @ least your not 14 like a customer I had once. She got angry w/ me when I asked how old her little brother was. Just be the best mother you can be. Go to college and get a degree thats going to be the best thing you can do, I think. Im so glad to hear your mom side is behind you and your not going to be alone, if you need to just dont talk w/ your dads side you dont need that stress
    ZeenaS.Muh

Answer by ZeenaS.Muh at 9:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• they should just be happy for me instead of trying to make me feel like crap.....i mean i know their gonna be mad at me about this but they should let it sink in and then realize im happy
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• They may not be handling it well, but I'm sure they mean well. It's hard for parents (and sometimes others) to accept that the dreams they had for your life aren't in their control.....and yes, sometimes extended family even enjoys the fact that you "screwed up" in the eyes of the family, and maybe they think their children look better because of it.

18 is young to have a baby, but you can be a wonderful mom, and still give yourself and your child a great life. You will need your family's support, and I'm so glad to hear that you have the support on your mom's side. Hopefully your dad's side will come around and be supportive as well, and hopefully they are just concerned for you.

All you can do is do your best. I admire your decision to keep your baby, best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and delivery....and for a bright future.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If you aren't willing to tell your dad (and family) how you truely feel, which is understandable, then you have to grow thicker skin. Just let it roll off your back and know that regardless of what they think you're making the right choices for YOU and YOUR child. It might not have been what they had invisioned, but that doesn't make any bit of difference now. What happened has happened and they (and you) can either sulk in the corner and complain all day, or they (and you) can make the best of it and find the positive in it. If they can't do that, then that's on them to carry around. Don't let the burdon of their dissapointment bring you down. Again, what has happened has happened. If you're keeping the baby then you have to hold your head up and be proud. Stand up for yourself and this child even if it wasn't planned. Be happy and eventually they'll hopefully come around. If not, too bad for them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011