Gross question but I don't know what else to do adult content

I have a smell "down there" that will not go away. I have been to the doctor and have been cleared for any infections, including bacterial vaginosis. I have no STDs or anything like that either. But since I've had my son, and even before that, I've had a smell down there that WILL NOT go away no matter what I do. I wash myself daily with a mild soap and water. So its not that I have bad hygiene or anything like that. I shave entirely and wipe front to back as well. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but it is causing me to be really self concious around my fiance and is making me not want him to go down on me or anything. I can't describe the smell, its not fishy, and it doesn't smell like B.O. To me it just smells like vagina, but I've nevered smelled anyone else so I don't know. This is not a troll question either...I really need help. Are there any special washes out there that help with this sort of thing? I know you aren't supposed to douche supposedly but I don't know what else to try. Please help! I'm so embarassed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO douche of any sort, that will just make it worse! You get more aware of your own smell over time. My baby is 4, and I smell myself, even when I'm fresh out of the shower - DH says he can't smell anything even when I think I'm gross. It could also be the soap you're using - use a wash meant for the area instead of a soap - like Summer's Eve feminie wash. No sprays or anything else either - they'll mess with you and make you smell worse too.
    Anonymous

• The good news is, it's been proven that only women can smell their own hormones radiating. So I wouldn't be too self conscious. I've asked my fiance before about it cuz sometimes I feel the same way, and he has answered me truthfully and said that he couldn't smell anything out of the ordinary.
    kandimomma

Answer by kandimomma at 9:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Maybe you aren't drinking enough water!
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• mmmm the gyno told me not to douch its bad for somereason..idk why but maybe someone can answer that?
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 11:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• There IS a natural oder to the hoo haa. Its Normal and yes, it gets smellier after you have a kid or 2 or 3. All I can suggest is a product called FDS (feminine deodorant spray) for that area and vinegar douche's . It's normal but VERY annoying if your bothered by it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011