Found a pregnancy test..

in my garbage. It's not mine and the only other person over the age of 9 that lives in my house a relative of my husband's who is 13. I'm so confused, she's lovely and she's honestly a straight A student, she doesn't go out to parties and as far as we knew she hasn't been out with a boy ever. But since it's not mine it has to be hers right? I thought maybe it could have been one of her friends but she hasn't had a friend over in yonks. And it's definitely been used. :\

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• If I were you I would talk to her. But realize that even if she's not pregnant, if she's already having sex there really isn't much you are going to say that will stop it. I would aproach this from more of a friend point of view than a Parental figure...

I would NOT let your husband handle this... When you were 13 would you want to talk safe sex with ANY man in your family?? I would tell him though so that there aren't issues between the two of you later... Although I would tell him to just stay out of it... You don't want to freak her out and make her feel guilty because she is exploring...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• yes it is probbly hers and even if you or another family member ask her about it she will deny it just in fear of being in trouble, maybe someone really close to her should have a talk w/ her and try to make her understand how dangous this behavior can be and in the future if it's pos or not someone might need to be w/ her as much as possiable...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• 2 was you can handle this 1 If you have a good relationship with her,go and talk to her directly about this matter before bringing anyone else into it. 2 Go talk to you DH sense it is his relative. Let him handle it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Was it negative or possitive?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Was it in the inside gargage or the outside garbage?
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 9:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Well, it's most likely hers. You shouldn't assume that just because she doesn't go out she isn't active... At that age we were just having sex in the locker room at school... There is a chance that it's a friends... Again we used to do that stuff at school so the parentals didn't find out... She could vary well have wrapped it up and stuck it in her bag, thinking it would be safer to pitch at home so the teachers didn't see it and start to pry...

• I really couldn't tell which it was since it had got a bit screwed up in the garbage, it was in the kitchen bin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Say, "Sweetie, I have to let you know that I found a prego test in the garbage when I was taking it out. You and I are the only ones who know it was there. Is it yours?" She'll probably deny it or say it belongs to a friend. Even if you don't believe her, say, "If you need to talk to me about anything, I'm here for you. I'll keep it just between you and me." And then let it go. Don't bring it up again, BUT do keep closer tabs on her. Where's her mom?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Nov. 26, 2008