Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Request for supervisied visitation>

here are examples I found that would warrant supervised visitation..

Restricted visitation may be ordered if a non-custodial parent has a history of violent or abusive behavior, or if the non-custodial parent is suffering from a mental illness

my daughters father is abusive towards me and suffers from mental illness but courts wont grant supervised visitation because he has not harmed her. So inn order to get it he will have to harm her first? shouldnt it be to protect the child from getting harm and not from getting harmed AGAIN?

I would really love to have the visitations removed completely. this guys has caused so much to me, my daughter and family. He files for visitaiton and never sees her..

and ideas to get the courts to listen to me to at least grant supervised visitation.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • Get a good attorney. Unfortunately, that may be the only way.

    Answer by ohwrite at 9:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • im typing this fast so sorry for typos and misspellings

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • Most of the time, the courts figure if he was safe enough for you to reproduce with then he's safe enough to be around his child.

    If he was abusive and had these problems, WHY would you have a child with him??

    That's what a judge once said to a friend of mine. He had a good point because the father NEVER hurt the child, just emotionally abused the mother because she was upset about the split.

    Try a good attorney or try counseling with him. He shouldn't go without his child just because he's upset you. Children tend to CHANGE people. Sad but true.

    Answer by MoNKeyBoyz at 9:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • He was not abusive AT ALL during the years before my daughter... He has completly changed and that is why we are no longer together. The guy is messed up in the head. I honestly like its a combination of his addiction to prescription medicnes and smoking marijuna that messed up his head. I have seen him deterioate over the years to an abusive, heartless and disrespectful person. His own mothr doesnt know the person that he is today.

    He has not only hurt me emotionally. It is more than that. Dr's and police officers and DCF says the best thing for my daughter is to not be around him. day after day he misses vistiations, birthdays, holiday and I still call and text wwhy didnt you come. if you want you can come to my house. lets take her out. but he refuses, becomes crazy and then takes me to court and LIES that I keep her from him. I do not want to go in this cycle with his forever. its tiring. NO ONE knows what I go through

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • that is so crazy....the courts make no sence to and my hubby is going through a battle with his x she wont let us see my hubby son
    and we have to be supervised and we have done nothing wrong we are good people have a nice if i was u i would go to soical services they are the best to get things done and i dont know about how the law works were u live but in va if they dont pay child support u dont have to let them see them anyways good luck

    Answer by mama2305 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • If you feel he needs supervised visitation, then why in the hell are you calling and texting him asking to visit with her? Obviously he's not a threat to HER if you are trying to force that relationship. I understand he is a threat to you, but if he's never harmed her, they have no reason to keep him from her.

    And if you are telling him that he can't see her without you, then you ARE keeping him from her, because until the court says only supervised, then you need to let him visit with her without you.

    Answer by laird6372 at 6:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.