Bad luck to see the bride before the wedding...

Do you believe this?
Did you live with your SO before getting married?
If so, did you sleep together the night before the wedding?
Did you avoid them seeing you the day of?

Just some random thoughts.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• We did see each other for just a second on our wedding day. He was in the military and he was wearing his uniform for the wedding, and he left it at my mom's house. We didn't even kiss, we hugged briefly and he ran off to get dressed. We've been married 19 years, so if it's bad luck... Also, it rained so bad on my wedding day that it looked like midnight at 3 pm! I spoke to the pastor and told him I heard that if it rains on your wedding day, that's how many tears you'll cry during your marriage. He told me that if I was going to cry during the marriage, it would happen regardless. It hasn't been all sunshine and roses, but we're happy.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nope, don't believe it. Hubby and I did our pictures before the wedding. Still married 13 years later. We didn't live with each other before marriage (I probably wouldn't have married him if we did!), and no we didn't sleep together the night before the wedding.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• we lived together b4 the wedding but he went to a near by relative's the night before even though we had an evening wedding. We were married at the home we lived at so i was in another room when he came in.
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 9:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Do you believe this?

Not sure if I believe it, but thats what everyone told me so dh and i didn't see eachother until i walked down the aisle and we were married at 3pm.

nope

even though we didn't live together we had sex, but I can't remember if we did it the night before.

he dropped me off the night before the wedding then he didn't call, talk to me or see me the entire day until 3pm

mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We did live together first, we started out in separate rooms the night before the wedding, but I missed him too much and crawled in bed with him late that night. We've been happily married for 22 years.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Do you believe this? Not specifically
    Did you live with your SO before getting married? No - we should have though.
    If so, did you sleep together the night before the wedding? No - we definitely should have though.
    Did you avoid them seeing you the day of? No, we eloped.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I say its all crap!!! We just got married 7 months ago and we did it all wrong by the world but we did what was right for us my hubby seen a pic of my dress but never me in the dress til the day of the wedding we seen eachother the night before and only spent the night apart because we both had friends and family in from out of town and took a night to chillax with the boys/girls and sure enough he came and had breakfast with me the morning of the wedding. This was the most exciting/scary moments of our lives and we were not about to spend it without our best friend beside us everystep of the way ya know the one person that could actually keep me calm and remind me why i was doing all this in the first place everytime he smilled and i'm suppose to hide from him during the exciting stuff I DON"T THINK SOOO LOL
    AmandaV.

Answer by AmandaV. at 10:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Do you believe this? No, we had our photos before the wedding, 15 years later we're still very happily married.

Did you live with your SO before getting married? Yes for almost a year.

If so, did you sleep together the night before the wedding? Not the night before, I was at my parents and he was at a hotel, we got married in my home town.

Did you avoid them seeing you the day of? No, like I said, we had our photos done before the ceremony. Though I wouldn't let him see me until I was totally ready.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i don't believe in that sort of twaddle. We did not live together before the wedding, in fact, we did not have sex until a week after we got married (long story). He did see me before the wedding, which was an informal affair. We've been married for 12 years now, two kids and one on the way, never had a single cross word with one another.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2011