Different parenting skills?

I just posted this...http://www.cafemom.com/answers/784163/Request_for_supervisied_visitation

in addtion to this. he has no parenting skills. the little times my daughter spends wiht him her bevaior gets worse. he believes you can no tsay no.. she si 3. if she wants to jump on hte couch, bed, playing with electronics and jump on tables, throw balls in the house she can and I cant say no. I discipline my daughter with time outs and no tv and toys and if I do when he has been around he will yell and get my face and my daughter sees this and doesnt listen to me. .will this help my case to limit visitation..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know how frustrating and stressful this is, You can try to document your problems, but a lot of people have poor parenting skills, and they don't lose their children. It isn't easy to terminate, or even get supervised visitation for kids, without documentation that he has been seriously neglectful, abusive, or endangered them in some provable way.

You don't have to have direct contact with him so that he can get in your face about your child, but it will be difficult to limit his visitation. Check into court mediation, and again, I really recommend a good lawyer.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• thanks
    only sad thing is that the lawyers so this as a big mess and usually do not want to help so I have no lawyer.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I sometimes think some parents are extra permissive to try to win a child's favor against another parent, SO wrong! Keep doing what you're doing, even though I know it's a hard sitaution. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You can't limit a parent's visitation based on different parenting skills. Practically all split homes have different parenting skills.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 6:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2011