I have an under the skin pimple on my cheek and it hurts like you know what! any home remedies that will take the swelling down?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You can try triple antibiotic cream, and cleaning it with rubbing alcohol.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• tea tree oil. But you will need to mix it will almond oil.

I know, you add oil to keep pimples away but tea tree full strength can really irritate but it's a natural antiseptic and will take all bacteria away. You have to mix it but water will not mix so almond oil will not clog pores or make you more oily.

also, take 1tsp of apple cider vinegar and mix with 3 tsp water and use as a toner.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Rubbing alcohol will only dry out the surface area and not do anything for the actual bacteria in the pimple.
    Jademom07

• When you're in the shower and your pores have opened up put a dab of toothpaste on the pimple and leave it for about 5-10 minutes then rinse off. The toothpaste trick has never let me down.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Try a hot compress to bring it to the surface where it may get a head and you can safely pop it.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Benzoyl peroxide and hold an ice cube over it for 15 minutes before bed.
    tiff4q

Answer by tiff4q at 11:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Luvschocolate is right. Try and use a hot compress to bring it to the surface, and safely pop.
    Otherwise, you just need to let it come up on its own. If it is really under there, there ie othing you can do without scarring yourself trying to dig it out.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I put a piece of medical tape on mine over night and it draws it to the top of the skin
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2011