Garland Ideas?

Does any body have any unique, fun ideas for garland for on the tree? Other than the normal popcorn or cerial. I wanted to make a family ordeal for this to get the kids involved! Thanks!

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Holidays

• also another wonderful idea is taking odd pieces of material of any kind, and tying them end to end to give you a fabric garland for the tree...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• We used to get colored construction paper and glitter glue or whatever else you want to decorate it with....then make a chain link.....make one loop and then loop another one through the first, etc., etc., etc. Or you can get pasta and paint it and decorate it and then string it into a garland. Dorky I know, but fun for kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• paper chains........
    Or tie ribbon around pine cones to make a string........

Or I've seen squares of fleece put together. I think Joanns.com might have instructions. :)

Goodluck.
    kayleighsmummy

Answer by kayleighsmummy at 9:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Try ribbon...
    I have 2 trees up now one with 2 large bows on the top with their ribbon falling downward and the other nothing yet, but am planning on putting red with gold trimmed ribbon around it...
    They also have confeffitee (sp) type ribbon with different things on them... some have trees, bulbs, trains, santa's etc... they are really cute... most stores have these...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:52 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Get those mini cookie cutters and cut out and decorate itty-bitty Christmas "gingerbread cookies". Alternate them on a string with beads or the typical popcorn/cereal/cranberries. Or attach them to a store-bought tinsel or bead garland. Browse through craft and 99 cent stores, up and down every aisle - they probably have all KIND of things to string together that none of us ever thought of.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 12:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008