Anti-Gay Chruch Reveals Plan to Picket Liz Taylors Funeral!

What is wrong with these people? For goodness sakes this bunch of rednecks just insist on making an ass out of them self's..with picketing soldiers funerals and celebrity's....What is wrong with them. Elizabeth Taylor was a director of Aids project Los angeles! This just ticks me off to no end! I wish they (westboro Baptist Church) would just go away!

justalady774

Asked by justalady774 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• They get paid lots of money to not show up places. They threaten law suits and settle out of court. They have a good racket going on. And I don't believe it has anything to do with religion and it's all about money. No attention to it means they can't extort and money from fear and people who are either all to glad to pay them to stay away or from suits they claim tge defendant violated their rights or caused them damage. No...I think I just don't care anymore to listen to any news about the bunch.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 2:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• For goodness sakes this bunch of rednecks just insist on making an ass out of them self's

Please don't insult "rednecks" by reffering to these "church people" as rednecks. :)

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The best thing to do is not give them any media attention.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Why do people still act shocked? The idjits announce a new "famous funeral"protest about once a week. If everyone quit talking about them, they'd have to find a new way to get attention. The counter-protests already make them irrelevant at the actual funerals. They only thing left in it for them now is the publicity.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That church is sick. Their Pastor is evil.
    I hope they beat them up! Really.
    I hope there will be a huge human sheild if they show up at her funeral.
    Elizabeth Taylor was a kind and generous human being. She helped establish an AIDs center in Minneapolis (my hometown) and contributed a ton of money for it.
    Westboro Baptsit church should be shut down and their leader put in jail .
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Ugh. Again with another funeral to protest at? ....I can't stand these people. I am all for freedom of speech and rights to non-violent protest, but these guys are way out of hand. Sure, they must still be allowed thier rights, because if we take thiers away we will have to be willing to give up our own. BUT still, what on earth makes them think something like this is okay? They show no compassion for the families that have lost a loved one. Even if they did not agree with the person or what that person stood for, a family must be respected during thier grieving process. So sad. I would love to show them where they could put thier signs, *smirk*.....
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well AIDs is not a gay disease in the first place! What idiots.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 9:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• They said they were going to picket Elizabeth Edwards funeral also.....they had one person show up and there were several dozen North Carolinians that showed up as a human barrier between the Edwards family and the protesters.
    I hope that Californians do the same for Elizabeth Taylor.
    Anonymous

• Oh man, i live in LA, and if these people show up, i am quite sure something is going down...

As for the WBC, it is all about the money and publicity. Why arent they picketing live people? Because it wouldng cause as much drama as picketing a funeral. A funeral is a time to show respect for humankind and the loss of a loved one. I dont know any decent person that would do anything to disrupt a funeral, no matter how much animosity there might be there. Those people are dead, let them go, and have respect for the ones they have left behind, as people, as Gods people.
    Didnt those people read the Bible? I guess "Love thy neighbor" translates differently for that group...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• And the leader is a lawyer, his children are lawyers, and Their family and friends are the only members of the church.. 50 people. But they picket.. When the city tries to ban them ,they sue the city for money for infringing on their right, settle for money and fly home...they are eduacted people who have found a way to make a name for themselves and make money... Hush money...they are either brainwashed or evil...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 12:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2011