Defending a friend?

Ok so this chick was saying if her friend was to get in a fight she wouldn't jump in (physical). I was like that aint right...for my REAL friends I woulde definitly jump in or do something.

Later the girl retracted and said well if I think she is doing well enough I wouldn't do anything. IDK the girls I grew up with would always have their friend back if it came down to soemthing like that.

Please note I am not saying fighting is good or anything like that but just in the case a physical fight started. I remeber as a kid a friend got beat up really bad and her bff just stood there and watched/ The gal that got beat up was later crying asking her why didn't you help me? (talking to her bff...I couldn't leave the house I was watching my brothers and sister and if my momma woulda caught me outside I woulds got in TROUBLE!!!).

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Gee I don't know. Don't run into situations like that. Mom's can get a little catty at soccer and preschool, but generally their conflicts involve trying to show each other up with more elaborate snacks and treats.
    Anonymous

• Agree with Anonymous. However, if one of my friends was randomly attacked, I don't think I would just stand their and do nothing. I would try to get help. If it's a cat fight, I'd problably find new friends.
    JoyIsAnAttitude

Answer by JoyIsAnAttitude at 10:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I had a friend who was going to get beat up over a parking space and I didn't run off the only reason the other woman backed down was because she realized her friend would not fight and there were three of us.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Well I also have to agree with ANON LoL..I have never been a fighter but of course I am not going to let my bff just get her butt beat and I stand there and do nothing but I don't expect my girlfriends to put themselves in situations and think oh hey my girls are here they got my back!!..I don't think I have to worry about those situations now with my small group of besties!
    NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• yes if a friend is being catty or something yes I would bounce. BUt if they are my friend and I see them in harms way I would have there back because me allowing them to be my friend I trust they would have my back when faced with some fools.

The girl that said it she was real shady...can't fight ...and never had a real friend that would go to the ends to support there friend.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• right right... i feel all of ya. I don't be hangin with folks that would be starting junk like that. Also that friend has never really been "loved" in a friendship. You know ppl always claiming they are loved and please lol
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011