How did you tell you SO you were pregnant?

Last night I hit the one week mark missing my period. So I was so excited I made hubs drive me to a 24 hour cvs so I could buy a test. But then, I didn't want to find out, lol, so I went to bed. First thing in the morning, I got up peed and then jumped into bed screaming I'M PREGNANT. IM REALLY PREGNANT. LOOK AT THIS TEST! WAIT, THE PEE IS DRIPPING OFF OF IT. DO YOU SEE? WE'RE PREGNANT!

DH didn't stop laughing all morning, lol.

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 10:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went to the doctor and he knew as soon as I stepped out from the door bc I had this huge smile on my face and he couldn't believe it!
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 10:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• DD #1 - We drove to the dollar store to grab a test and then went to a gas station so I could test in the bathroom. I came out of the bathroom crying so he knew I was pregnant. I was 17.
    DD #2 - We were arguing about him not having a job and I asked him to move out...while he was packing, I took the test (my friend had bought a two pack and I just happened to have a test in the bathroom). I came out of the bathroom and threw the test at his head. It all worked out :)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• All four times I found out I was pregnant dh was sleeping in bed and was awakened by a pee stick being waved in his face.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• We were told we couldn't have any more kids so I was pretty shocked when I found out I was pregnant. We had not used any time of birth control for at least five years. We weren't trying to GET pregnant but I were weren't not trying either. After taking my fourth test I took it downstairs and sat it on the computer desk as he played chess on line. hee hee

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• he told me....we went to the grocery store and I got nauseated. Got home and ran to the bathroom to throw up. He tells me " your pregnant" of course I said no (we had been TTC for over a year). Later that day I peed on the stick knowing it would be negative just so I could do the "I told ya so". A few minutes later I was in tears screaming for him to come upstairs. I held up the stick and said "Happy Father's Day"....this actually happened on Father's Day!! To top that off, on my husband's birthday we found out we were having a boy!!
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• With my first I took at test at midnight, my hubby was sleeping, but not for long. I woke him up by running and jumping on him telling him we were pregnant, lol. With my second I left the test sit on the counter by the toilet so when he went in there he would see it. With my 3rd I walked out of the bathroom crying ( unexpected pregnant, I was a little upset) and he looked at me and said "we're pregnant again aren't we?" And then hugged me and said everything would be ok. With my fourth (not even a month after losing my 3rd) I sent him a picture of the test through text ( we were in 2 different states) again I was crying, but because I was happy to be pregnant since I lost the 3rd.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• With our first, we had tried so hard and had so many problems for a year that I finally quit all my fertility treatments while he was off on an extended business trip anyway. He ended up coming home for a weekend where we had sex and I conceived then...but didn't know it until he was back at work. So I sent him a picture mail of the test and said "we need to talk"...then told him over the phone. I hated that, but you know.

With our second, we were together and took the test...it didn't come up positive right away like it did my first, so I told him it was negative but I left it on the counter for the "three minutes" anyway. When I told him to go throw it out...and he came out and said "um...this isn't negative" and I thought he was totally screwing with me LOL

With our third I didn't think there was any possible way I was pregnant...but I left him about a dozen tests out (obsessive) that said otherwise and just pointed.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• totally unexpected pregnancy...Left the ER from having abdominal pains I went home completely shocked got in the bed crying I was shocked scared and every emotion possible. We were living in our own individual homes sooo it was like 6 something am in the morning of course he was sleep and I called him over and over finally he answered and I said guess what your going to be a dad!!  awww good memories!! happy

NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• with the twins i made him make me a big a$$ steak dinner, he asked what the occassion was because i never ask for anything like that and i told him I cant be selffish they need to eat too! the 1st triplets- i was nagging on him about getting a bigger van, we argued and argued until he finally asked wh yand told him I cant fit 3 more carseats in out suv! the 2nd set- he was there when i was at the doctors when i found out i was pregnant, but he found out before me what i was having! the doctors called with the results and he surprised me with 3 more carseats and sets of everything. god give me strentgh and sanity

Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 10:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I found at at work and called him and told him I had a surpise for him when I got home. So he got excited and asked "Is it an electronic?" No. "Is it clothes?" No. "Are we going on a trip?" NO!!!!!!!!!!! So when I finally got home I whipped out the pregnancy test and as soon as he saw it he smiled and said "I knew that was it!!" LOL. Liar.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2011