Okay, so maybe I'm a whine bag but...

I had my wisdom teeth on the right side taken out last Friday. I have no pain...I am a little sore.

The problem is...I can't open my mouth bigger than an inch....if that. Is that normal? No pain, it's just really irritating.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• So the complaint is? Temporary numbness?
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 10:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I would probably go back to the location that pulled your tooth and let them know that you still can't fully open your mouth.. It may be normal I'm not sure...They didn't give you any aftercare info?
    Myunbornlove

Answer by Myunbornlove at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The problem is I can't open my mouth. Tightness.
    I can barely get food in my mouth.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Go back and ask them when I had that there was another infection.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I never heard of that! Did you google to see if it's a common symptom? I'd also at least call your dental office, tell them about your problem, and see what they say. I don't think a tooth operation should affect your jaw like htat.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• this is normal, especially if you had the wisdom tooth removed surgically. The muscles are tight. Try massaging the area and applying moist heat to the cheek to loosen the muscles.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• It's probably due to swelling. I had one of mine out a month ago and was actually on steroids to get the swelling down, and once it came down, I could open my mouth wider. It's still a good idea to call and ask, though. Just be glad you don't have pain. I had a dry socket and now have nerve damage. Ugh.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011