Has anyone been to a massge session or chiropractor for aches during pregnancy?

How was it? Was it worth your money? Where you pleased and has the pain stop or did it continue? I thought that my boyfriend would be my personal masseuse since I pregnant and carrying his child, but all he do is pass me the pain medication instead asking where does it hurt.. He never try to relieve pain before going to get meds...I have been having a funky pain starting from the left side of my neck to down to my back a little bit pass my shoulder blade... Nothing ever seems to back it better not even when I lay down so I was wondering if you ladies could help me out on making a choice on whether to get a massage or just deal with it for 6 to 8 more weeks? :-/

Myunbornlove

Asked by Myunbornlove at 10:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had massage when I was pregnant with DS and it felt good...but as soon as they stopped, the pain came back.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My love provided all necessary massage and chiropractic is not recommended until afterwards :)
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Massage is better it's more gentle they can be pricey but it's well worth it! A Deep tissue Massage is great for muscle problems like I have!
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 10:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I did both. I had prenatal massages. These are special massages on a special table, the therapist is trained to avoid certain areas. I saw a chiropractor 3 x week and she was AWESOME. Call around and find one who is experienced with pregnant patients.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I just had a massage last friday. I had a great massage from that lady before, so i was really looking forward to it, but it was too cold in the room and I think she was distracted and my DH and son were there so it was harder to relax.... all-in-all it was a big disappointment! No it didn't relieve my aches and pains, but also this lady wasn't trained in prenatal massage, I think. So I'm going to try the massage therapists at the local chiropractor and see if that goes better. I haven't had enough pain to try a chiropractor, I'm still a bit skeptical of them, but I'd try if I really needed it. You should definitely get a massage! Find someone who does pregnancy massage.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• LovableFox........chiropractic is perfectly fine during pregnancy as long as the adjustments are gentle. Many OBs recommend chiropractic care as a way to prep the body for an easier delivery.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm usually not a crybaby but this has become irritating and has disturbed the little sleep I was getting at night...My ob-gyn was saying that maybe I have a ruptured disc in my back and don't know so they gave me a card to go see this chiropractor. Idk that deep tissues where ok during pregnancy...I think I would feel just a little bit better if he just massaged it to see if the pain stops..I've tried a cold compress and it didn't really help..
    Myunbornlove

Comment by Myunbornlove (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• The chiro is really great!
    It's my favorite placed to get fixed up in pregnancies.
    And can really help with optimal fetal positioning, too. Helps everybody & everything in there to line up properly for labor.
    You might let your SO know that meds can be harmful to the baby, but there are lots of things he can do to help, risk-free!
    ;-)

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:44 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• @ Doulala he thinks because they came from the ob that I should take them.. He also thinks I'm being stubborn because I don't wanna take them all the time.. I don't want to harm my child all though I know that to much strain can be bad for baby as well.. I totally feel like once I have the baby he will completely forget about me and be a baby hog! lol This is SO first biological child so he is really waiting on the baby arrival...I have two other children from a previous relationship... So I am excited about the baby but he is REALLY excited!!!
    Myunbornlove

Comment by Myunbornlove (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I went to the chiro for back pain & my back is SOOOO much better now
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011