Rug doctor or professional cleaning.?

My carpet is not horrible but it has some stains and I am not sure if I should just go rent the rug doctor at the supermarket or have it done professionally.

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If its not the whole carpet but just some stains here and there IMO you could just rent a rug doctor.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I just purchased the Bissel Proheat 2X. It is an awesome, easy to use machine with alot of attatchments. It was just under 200.00. ( pretreat and shampoo included ) I would recommend it to anyone. The nice thing is you can use it when it is convenient. No more rentals and rush cleaning. :-) Helpful tip is to put wax paper under anything placed on floor after treating carpets- until completely dry.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm going to second the bissel Proheat 2x. I have got out a ton of stains with it. You can try it first. If it isn't cutting it, I would have them professionally cleaned and use the bissel every couple months to maintain.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Our landlord requires a professional cleaning when we move and we have to present the receipt. We use a Rug Doctor in between. I'm curious about this Proheat now.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have a carpet cleaner and it works for everyday stains, but sometimes those stains can resurface. Try a professional. When they clean, they use an industrial cleaner and they deep clean so the stains don't return.
    Chiqui52

Answer by Chiqui52 at 12:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Honestly if you are gonna pay a professional , go buy a steam cleaner to have! We have a great one A Bissell! I use mine every 2 weeks, sometimes more!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I LOVE MY PROHEAT Bissell CARPET CLEANER! I borrowed someone's from my work, and barely wanted to give it back! So for Christmas, YES CHRISTMAS, I asked for a carpet cleaner!!! With 2 kiddos, and a dog, and a husband =), you know they are SO messy! I love the attatcments, and it makes the house smell so so good. It has Heavy cleaning, to light cleaning, to just a water rinse.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 10:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• professionally
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011