Shrimp ?s

I don't eat shrimp, but my family does. I've bought shrimp rings with cocktail sauce in the middle before, but that's it. I would like to branch out and make a dish with shrimp in it but I get overwhelmed when I look at the different kinds, sizes, etc. Can someone recommend a recipe and the kind I should get? My family thanks you in advance.

P.S. Sorry, I won't be trying the dish, but I thank you anyway.

zboys

Asked by zboys at 10:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Don't blame you for not wanting to try such a dish. I can't. Allergic. I refer to such creatures as Artropoda Oceanica or "sea bugs." Flinch. Cringe. Grimace and a half. LOL
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 10:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I love shrimp but DS is deathly allergic, so I don't have any recipes. However, I love shrimp allfredo at restaurants, and you can find easy to follow recipes on allrecipes.com Just search recipes with shrimp and you'll find hundreds of options with detailed instructions and reviews.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• You can make shrimp gumbo or shrimp jumbalaya (sp?) Both of those you could also eat and just pick around the shrimp. They are really yummy! And easy to make. You can by the box at most grocery stores and the instructions are on the back. Good Luck!
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 11:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My favorite shrimp recipe is shrimp bruschetta. Marinate cooked peeled shrimp, tails off, in olive oil, diced tomatoes and minced garlic for an hour. I've never measured amounts, but use enough so that when you toss it with hot cooked pasta, everything has enough of the sauce. Super simple and tasty.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• sizea are as follows 16-20 per pound is a decent size. when you get into 70-80's they are small, but good for shrinp salad and such.
    You need to remove a vein tha runs down the back when peparing.
    DO NOT OVER COOK! It will make them tough. 2 minutes basicly.
    The color depends on the time of year, Diet and water temp.
    PLEASE try and get AMERICAN shrimp!!! It does cost a bit more but better for our econmy. Feshh is hard ro find unless you live near a port.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my g-ma cant have fat and therefore eats a lot of seafood and fish...i make a dish for her out of cooked shrimp, red, green, and yelloew peppers, and onions, and then i mix it all together with italian dressing...not toomuch, just enough to flavor...if you like pepper, fresh cracked pepper over the top is great too
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 2:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I buy prawns frozen already cleaned and thaw,and buy a jar of my favorite sauce,next cook some pasta and just put it all to gether .I am the only one in my family that can eat and enjoy sea food.Every body swells up like a blow fish.Best a nd easy way to fix is boil a pot of water,add seasonings,cajun,ect,add small potatoes,corn cob,and shrimps,let simmer and pour out and eat!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 11:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Shrimp tacos!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Tacos, shrimp alfredo
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2011

• Hey, thanks for the answers, ladies!
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2011