Gas Deals through the Grocery Stores

How do those work? I've been thinking of trying it, but don't know how they work. Any advice?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 10:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• bump

AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Not 100% sure what you mean. The only gas deals through a grocery store that I know about are when you spend $100 at Kroger, you get 10 cents off per gallon at their gas stations.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• before albertsons changed their rewards card, you got so many cents off a gallon per however much money you spent. i dont remember exactly but it was like 5 cents for every 50 you spent or something like that. i dont remembers specifically. aand the rewards card was free!
    theyve changed their rewards so I don't know if they still do the gas thing, but since gas has gone up ive been thinking of calling and asking if their gas rewards works the same.
    i used to be able to get up to like sixty cents off a gallon.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Krogers gives you points based on how much you spend at the store. Some points roll over month to month, some you loose if you don't use them in gas. The only catch is Krogers hikes up their gas prices, so unless you're getting like a dollar off gas because you have a ridiculous amount of points your really not saving. For example, gas prices around here were averaging about 3.40 a gallon last week. Krogers had their gas priced at 3.56 and both those prices listed were for regular unleaded. So in order to actually be saving money by buying Krogers gas you had to have a discount of at least 16 cents off a gallon. If your discount was only 10 cents, which is common for someone who spends about 200 a month on groceries, you weren't actually saving any money. So sometimes those grocery programs are worth it, sometimes they're not. You just have to look into your local grocery store and actually pay attention to prices to compare.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I work at piggly wiggly and you get so many points for buying certain items. The items change weekly. For every 300 points, you get 1 penny off of gas.

At Pick n Save, for every $50 you spend you get 5 cents off a gallon of gas. No special items to buy.

Needless to say, I use the Pick n Save points vs my own store. I don't usually buy the products that are needed to get the points.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Pick N Save used to have 10 cents for every gallon after spending $50 for the first 20 gallons. They dropped it to 5 cents. It was great when it was 10 cents because it was easy to get a dollar off and when my husband and I had smaller cars, we both would go to the gas station, I would fill my car and he would put the rest in his. I still use my Roundy's card and even saving a quarter a gallon is helpful in the long run.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:08 AM on Mar. 24, 2011