Am I the only one that doesnt look at gas prices?

I mean I see them but I dont really SEE them like people do. I have never.. I put $40-50 sometimes close to $60 if im really low and that its. Yea it fluctuates one season $40 can fill it up another $50 will fill it up. I have just never complained about gas....now the other gas.. lol I have way too many complaints for that one if you know what I mean.. Am I the only one?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 10:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• nope, I'm right there with you
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• If I need gas I need gas. I have to drive the same distances everyday regardless of the price so yeah I don't pay much attention. I guess I should be thankful that I can be that way.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 10:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I don't really look because I'm going to buy the gas regardless, lol. It doesn't matter what it costs, I'm still going to fill up, so what's the point in looking? :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I really don't. Gas is something that I need if I want to get to work, get to school, get my son to school and his activites. The cost to fill my gas tank has only gone up $5 since July.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have a budget for gas like anything else. I have a certain amount I can afford to spend and that's it. So right now, I don't even drive to the grocery store, but will stop at one am on the way home from work.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm gonna have to vote against the grain here and say yes I look, and yes I complain when it hits almost 4 bucks a gallon. I have a tight budget for what's alloted for gas and 4 bucks a gallon makes it significantly more difficult to stay within that budget then say 3.30 a gallon. Not to mention the gas stations in my city frequently go on gas wars, so there's often a 20 cent difference at stations less then a mile from one another. And since many people are like the ladies here and they don't pay attention, there's no longer a line at the "cheap" station then there is at the "expensive" station. So it works out in my favor to actually make note of prices and listen to the low prices stations on the local news.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, I look, and do what I can to maximize what I get. I wonder - how many of the "not lookers" are also not the person who handles the finances in your house?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I certainly look. Especially as the others said when it is reaching the four dollars a gallon range. I have a thirty three gallon tank so that is a heft sum of money to fill up. I have a flex fuel vehicle which helps out a lot but one hundred and twenty dollars a time is not a small amount.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I dont look and am a single parent so I handle the finances even when I was in a relationship I did my own finances.

In high school my father use to fill up my SUV every week so then I definitely didnt know anything at all about gas and prices.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• No, I don't either. I put in what I'm going to put in regardless if it's $20, $40, $60, etc. I pay by how much $$ I want to spend vs. how many gallons I'm getting out of it....with that being said I flipped out about a year and a half/2 years ago when gas got down to like $1.99/gallon. I was going to fill up my Tahoe and it stopped at about $40. I kept trying to put more, and it kept stopping! I couldn't believe I had just filled up for that much! I called my husband all excited like I had just won the lottery and he was like "yeah baby...it's only $1.99/gallon". LOL! I'd love to see those days again. It costs between $75-$80 to fill up now......no bueno.=(

HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011