Red raspberry leaf tea?

anyone tried it? did it help with labor? how does it taste? any info??? thanks

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I like it, it's good for you!
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm drinking it now. I'm 22 weeks, and frankly, I'm wondering the same thing: does it really make a difference? It tastes, umm... leafy. Green. It's a pleasant taste, and usually I drink a quart a day without sweetener. I put honey in it today and it was nice.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• yes it does make a difference. i had a painless natural labor and i didn't even have to push. my uterus did all the work painlessly because it was so strong. in fact i don't get cramps from my period anymore either, i used to get horrible ones...now i don't get any....i coupled the tea with lots and lots of exercise while pregnant too so that might be a factor
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i could not do it unsweetened. i always made it half tea and half french vanilla liquid coffee mate
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I enjoyed the taste and it made the contractions stronger (I think). I was having contractions due to my wheezing at the same time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2011