Help Please!!! Back Acne and the Prom

One of my twins has really bad back acne. Prom is in 2 weeks and she is soooo embarrassed she doesnt want to go. She has been taking a prescrition but the jell he prescribed was over 200 bucks. Any adivice or make up tips????

tkwoverwhelmed

Asked by tkwoverwhelmed at 10:50 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• try exfoliating with a scrub like st. ives. maybe you can practice using an oil-free foundation for cover up on her back too and see how it turns out, hopefully the dress is not white. i am not sure but it's just an idea.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• this is what i did for mine in highschool
    exfoliated my back. try a medicated face wash. dont scrub too much though. over scrubbing will backfire.
    lotion and sunlight or tanning bed (dont over do that though!)

those helped mine a lot
    oh and dont pick that makes it worse

and a shawl might help!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Go for the jell coz that got prescribed.... It might be expensive but it is most likely to work too........
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Exfoliate, use an acne wash, and astringent.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Thanks you guys. I actually had her take a hot, hot shower. Then put campho phenic (spelling) and salt water on her back and made her stand under cold water to close pores. Looks better to me already.........
    tkwoverwhelmed

Comment by tkwoverwhelmed (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Neutrogena makes a body wash for body acne. Maybe try that and I have also heard witch hazel is really good for acne. Also if it gets down to prom time get some of the red-eye eye drops and dab it on the remaining acne, it will get rid of redness, and then try using and oil free or mineral make up to cover up the rest. Good luck!
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 11:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• a dress that covers her back if she is truly bothered by it. 2 weeks is too close for an immediate remedie.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I have had back acne most of my life. Lots of spas do back facials and while its like 40 bucks it is the best quick fix that I have ever had. The biggest cause of oil and clogged poors on the back is usually shampoo and conditioner so its very important to put hair up off the back and wash the back AFTER you condition. I know this is a horrid thing to suggest for a young girls skin but a few trips to the tanning booth will help dry up the acne and camouflage the blemishes. I use the same cleaners I use on my face on my back and it helps alot.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My daughter is only 13. She saw a dermotologist and her prescribed a wash. That has seemed to help. The one thing her doctor said is that for back acne an atibiotic is needed. I know it's hard to get her in with a dermotologist and I don't know your insurance situation. Even her primary doctor can perscribe the antibiotic. It is called miniocycline. You may see results in two weeks if you strart her on it soon. The other thing is she can wear a cute shrug with her gown.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• proactive has a product for back acne that works great. so does neutrogena.
    hotchocolatema1

Answer by hotchocolatema1 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 27, 2011