I need help!

First time mom here. My son will be 21mo this weekend. He is fully daytime pee trained. He hardly has pee accidents. Hes about 1/2 way night time trained too. Poop, is another story. He will poop, and then tell you he pooped and occasionally go do it on the toilet, but half the time he just does it whereever. How can i help him get the poo down too?

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 10:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter had to clean up her own potty messes. She didn't like it much and quickly realized going on the potty was much easier.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 11:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• you rockyour doing good then, By two he should be fully potty trained. Yea for mommy.

Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 11:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• it will come with time...the pooping takes longer I've noticed... the fact that he's got that much down by 21 months is impressive...MOST boys are later than girls when it comes to pottytraining...sounds like he's doing really good!! The more you push it (not saying you are) the worse it will be. Good luck and sounds like he's on the right track :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Thanks you guys :) Im very proud of him. Calliesmom, i didnt think you were saying i was pushing him :) But just for the record, this has all been on him..His doings. I had a lady in walmart yell at me for taking him potty cause he was too young. I was like, is that why he tells mehe needs to go and gets up there on his own? And at hime he just ges on his own? Thats a weird way to show he isnt ready..lol
    carsonsmommytam

Comment by carsonsmommytam (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I'm having the same issue with my 2 yr old. But I notice that if I go crazy with praise when he do poop in the potty he'll try to use it. I also randomly ask him like every 5 mins if he has to poop alot of times if he tells me yes, he really means it lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• wow! I'm jeaous. I can't wait until my boys are potty trained. I agree with the other moms, he should catch on soon. maybe look for a pattern like if he poops at a certian time of day and take him to the toilet then and say its time to poop. or take him every half hour or however long you feel is right, and say its time to poop. eventually he'll figure out its easier to poop in the toilet than in his pants.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What are you using as a reward system? Maybe spice it up more for when he has a BM?
    jessica.kaye08

Answer by jessica.kaye08 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I guess giving him time it is. I havent used a rewards system in a while. I used a sticker chart but once he was pee trained i stopped. Maybe a cookie everytime he poos in the toilet?
    carsonsmommytam

Comment by carsonsmommytam (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2011