Do you use a foundation brush to apply your makeup?

I normally use a sponge but I have read in magazines that brushes do a better job. Any techniques I should know about? I tried it the other day and I didn't like the result. it seemed liked it just laid on top of my skin and didn't blend into it like a sponge does.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 11:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• First dab your face with very tiny dots( only a few of them), blend it on your face gently in circular motion and then use the brush. The brush will even out the overall tone.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I agree with AnuMeha...I use my fingers then a brush to even it out..When I apply makeup I always use my fingers then use a brush to go over my make up...I do not like sponges because I can never get my make up to look even or as natural as I want it.
    NewMayMommy_25

Answer by NewMayMommy_25 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i really dont use it but i feel like it just sits on top also i rather use a sponge...
    Mami9674

Answer by Mami9674 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• i use my fingers and my makeup turns out evenly applied
    neisha940

Answer by neisha940 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Sorry girls but did you know there is more bacteria on a makeup sponge than there is on a toilet seat!

I use INIKA Minerals... they are applied with a kabuki brush... are inert therefore don't harbour bacteria and give a flawless finish.

Not sure if they are available in the USA yet... but you can get them here in New Zealand :-)

I could send you some :-)
    dabsbeauty

Answer by dabsbeauty at 5:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I don't care for sponges; seems they absorb more of the foundation than they actually spread across my face. I do have a foundation brush that I absolutely love but I only use it occassionally because it still seems that it doesn't blend as well as I'd like. I have found that the best way to blend my foundation is with my fingers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• sponges hold germs. everytime u use it u get new germs and old germs back and forth. i use my fingers therefore i cant even it out the way i do best. then apply my powder
    Careyworries

Answer by Careyworries at 11:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• germs germs germs , people are always worried about germs bacteria and harmful chemicals , thats life! Theyre everywhere, but i do prefer a brush....i put the foundation on my hand and spread it around with my brush then i apply it on my face with circular motions, i apply it twice and then finish with my powder, it always looks fresh and natural never caked on.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011