constipation :(

It's a subject that can't be avoided in pregnancy, so I'm going to be very blunt here. I haven't had a bowel movement in a WEEK! And the really bad part is I don't even have the urge or feeling to go, but I've been eating alot more than I used to so I KNOW there's gotta be something in there. I know my system is getting backed up because each day that goes by I feel more sluggish and just... blah, and my appetite is decreasing. And tomorrow is Thanksgiving- I want my big appetite back!! So I want to try to have a bowel movement today. My question is, is Milk of Magnesia safe to take? It says "stimulant free" on the bottle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I dont know. I always was told to take fiber pills, everyday to go and stay regulated. call your OB, they should tell you over the phone what to take or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Take metamecal (sp?) and colice. That's what my OB JUST told me for my constipation. The fiber in metamecul is safe and colice is an over the counter SAFE stool softener. It's been helping me a lot... :o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• ( dont take anything else with your OB's okay)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I had horrible constipation (like I wouldnt go for a week and half, my progestrone pills did that to me) my doctor had me take colace stool softner not the laxative. I took it like the bottle said and had reliefe in less than 24 hours. Good luck and I know it sucks.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:06 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• colice and laxitive pills is what i use.. i need too lately cause of a hemroid and try not to push too hard and get one urself they hurt to sit on... i was walking funny and getting up funny at least i am far enough along to say its the baby lol.... but GL call ur doc today and ask what u can take to make u have a bowel....
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:08 AM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Colace (like the above posters said) is safe during pregnancy. Also, make sure you're drinking enough water (fiber without water will stop you up).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:54 PM on Nov. 26, 2008