should i worry so much about my cholesterol at 265. the doctor said to stay away from fried foods and come back in a month.

should i bestressing so much over that? and how long does it take for it to rise to 265? i mean how long could it of been this way?

Careyworries

Asked by Careyworries at 11:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Health

• I wouldn't stress much but you do need to bring it down and staying away from fried foods isn't enough. Increase your intake of fiber and whole grains. Eat Cheerios, Oatmeal or other cereals, grains, pastas that have fiber added, eat whole wheat or whole grain pastas. Fresh fruits and veggies. Then exercise.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Yes, 265 is pretty high, it's hard to say how long it would take to rise that high, it's different for different people, or how long it's been that way. It is important to get it under control, and you need to do more than just stay away from fried foods. Lots of foods are high in cholesterol. Fatty meats, cheeses, high fat dairy products, and even refined foods can be made into cholesterol in your body. Not only do you need to eat healthier, but exercise can lower your cholesterol as well.....guess how I know this.

It's not easy, but you can get it down. Good Luck
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• What tyfry said! I have low to moderate cholesterol I cant remember what my numbers were but she said I'd need to get it under control. One of the big contributers of high cholesterol is an unfit body which I have, I use to be in great shape wore size 6 pants and felt great. Walk 3 miles a day then when you get comfortable with that start jogging. GL a toast to your soon to be good health.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• DOn't worry but ya fried and other junk food becomes a strict no-no....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• My cholesterol & triglycerides fluctuate widely. Test results can be skewed by what you ate the day before. Take a garlic pill everyday to help keep your cholesterol in check.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• actually sugars contribute to high cholesterol.. do you eat a lot of sweets? That's my issue.. the liver produced cholesterol.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 12:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• dont eat sweets. got married last year and for a straight year we have ate out. cheeseburgers and mexican food and i cook all the time,but ive been eating cheerios and rasin brand,rotini and beans and have been measuring my food as well. i just want to go on with my weeks and weekends loving life and stop worrying so much. i havent dranked beer in 10 days. but i will this weekend cause i learned that it dont effect the cholesterol. do any of yall know what it means when your ekg comes back borderline? i was stressed out that day and was talking when she took it. the doctors are so busy he didnt have time for my questions.
    Careyworries

Comment by Careyworries (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2011