Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Single man on welfare..child support?

There is no reason a single able bodied man is on welfare but he is and has food stamps. Can I file for child support?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (15)
  • r u talking about your childs father ????? call the child support office in the AM and ask them. Or "google" that question .

    Answer by kkbird at 11:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • I'm don't have financial issues?? you can be a man and still need assistance

    Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • Why can't a man need help? Men get laid off from jobs too. Men have financial problems and get screwed over by women.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • If someone don't have a job how will you get child support? You wouldn't get any money if there's no income.

    Answer by jfblaine83 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • I understand that but he has no intention of gettting a job. He wasnt laid off.. He staged an accident at his job to get insurance money and ended up getting fired and then staged that he got hit by a car while walking to get insurance money and now he says he is happy with the welfare because he doesnt have to work and only oays $100 rent and gets food stamps and he chills all day. So no he isnt a man on hard times just a freeloader.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • Yeah you can file, and your going to be paying the child support. How can you prove that he is "able body"? How can you prove that he doesn't deserve food stamps? Men go through hard ships as well, not that many men but there are a good few that mean well but just get stuck in a bad situation.

    Answer by prissysayshi at 11:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • He is my ex that I was with for 15yrs I know what I am talking about otherwise I wouldnt have said it.

    why would l pay the support if I am the custodial parent doing all the support?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • you can fil for support yes, because when he gets a job it should retro act and you should get back child support, but every state and judge is different

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

  • If he is on welfare, and not working, his income would be $0, which would mean that you would pay support (even if it's just $5). The parent with the higher income pays support.

    Also, unless you can PROVE he staged it all, then it's pointless. They aren't just going to take the word of his ex-wife, just like they wouldn't just take his word if he brought something to Court... There needs to be documentation and proof.

    Answer by laird6372 at 6:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • People aren't understanding because it's unclear by the title.
    She is the custodial parent. He is on welfare. She wants child support. He has no money. He is committing welfare fraud.

    Can you report him? Then (if found guilty) he will probably go to jail or have to pay fines, in which case you still won't see any money.
    However, I wonder if the state won't take some of his welfare and give it to you, so you might try to get it anyway.

    Answer by Saya at 7:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.