Is this part of a debate?

So- this was part of a previous post:

"As I've said in the past, I'll attack religious beliefs all day long, if I so choose"

Do you think this leads to debate and understanding or is this just "truth" that indeed people come on here to inflame and belittle-

Oh, and I am quite sure people have little gems from the religious that are equally as telling so this is not a "see, people do pick on the religious" post-been here long enough to know that is not the way it is ;)

soyousay

Asked by soyousay at 11:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2011 in Religious Debate

• "As I've said in the past, I'll attack religious beliefs all day long, if I so choose"

Wow!  Someone has more time to waste than even I do!  That's all I can say is..."WOW!"

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:29 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• I've said it before and I'll say it again. There's a difference between heated debate, asking questions, and trying to get to the core of an issue and just being nasty and purposefully insulting.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. And just because you have an opinion- doesn't mean you're intelligent. :-)
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• There are those who do come here just to inflame and belittle; that is clear from the first quote you posted. There are others who really do want to debate and, in the process, learn. It's those few who only want to attack, inflame, and belittle that spoil it for the rest of us.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Really doesn't sound like "debate", more like a threat. LOL. Way too hostile and aggressive.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:42 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Soooo, Christians are home sitting on their bums, not offering to do anything but pray for people? Man, if I could only compile the enormous list of Christian based organizations around the WORLD that are busting their butts off helping these people while YOU'RE at home criticising them on Cafemom! That was such an ignorant thing of you to say.

"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of GOD."

-1 corinthians 1:18
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Oh..and I think that someone who would attack others over their beliefs should possibly reconsider theirs because it's not working too well for them. That doesn't sound like a happy person to me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Freedom of speech has it's downsides too lol. When I come across people like that I just tune them out. Drama queens imo. A person can say whatever they want... doesn't mean people value or respect what they are saying. They only make themselves look bad
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 11:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2011

• Replace 'attack' with debate, it becomes more acceptable to others I suppose. I myself have been falsely accused of 'baiting' or 'attacking' when that was the furthest thing from my mind- it's all how you present yourself I guess. If you come off as angry, self righteous and a bitch, then people are not going to take your seriously. If you act like a nice, inquiring lady who seeks to understand through questions and replies laced with gummi bears and rainbows, then you are apt to get more from people. I hate that though- because in reality, I'm a harsh, tell it like it is bitch and it pains me to have to act all lovey-dovey and fake just to get some respect.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2011

• With a statement like that, a wasted day will probably come of it.
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 11:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2011